About the Company:
CORMETECH, Inc. was founded in 1989, and provides environmental engineering solutions and services to the North American and world's power, marine, industrial-process, refinery, and petrochemical markets. It is servicing the growth needs of the U.S. power generating fleet to comply with increasingly stringent environmental regulations in a cost-effective way.
CORMETECH has fully dedicated, state-of-the art manufacturing facilities, research and development centers and testing laboratories in Charlotte (NC), Cleveland (TN), Durham (NC), and Kings Mountain (NC).
All full-time employees are eligible for benefits on day one of employment!
This position primarily involves material assembly, equipment operations, decision making, ability to show attention to quality detail work, and the ability to multitask. This position will require recording process information and making decisions based that information. May require using overhead cranes and/or forklifts to move catalyst fixtures or modules through the process while maintaining process specifications and recording process data. Must be able to work required assigned shifts, day and/or evenings and possibly weekends. Additionally, this position may involve driving the varying company vehicles that require CDL license to move product between local facilities.
• Follow safety instruction and plant rules and maintain good safety practices
• Read and follow process instructions
• Maintain process specifications
• Record appropriate process information
• Alert supervisor of process deviations or nonconforming material
• Loads and unloads trucks, or helps others with loading and unloading, operating any special loading-related equipment on vehicles and using other equipment as necessary
• Reports vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles immediately
• Inventories and inspects goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions
• Checks conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to ensure that there has been no damage
• Participate in the receiving, unloading, moving of various types of materials (inbound or outbound)
• Able to read and fill out tracking forms (such as Bill of Ladings)
• Conducts physical inventories; prepares and maintains other records as required.
• Checks vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order
• Special projects as assigned
• Good basic math, verbal, and written communication skills
• Able to work in a team atmosphere or independently
• Forklift skills required (propane, sit-down lift experience preferred)
• High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
• Safety conscious
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs
• Work experience in an industrial environment
• 1 Year OTR Experience
• Valid CDL class A license and medical card
• 1 Years’ experience with hauling 53’ dry van trailers
• Must be able to pass a drug screen
• Background check is required
• Self-motivated worker
• Good attendance - punctual
This job operates in a dusty environment and routinely works around heavy materials and equipment. Must be safety conscious always.
Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds. Must be observant of forklift operators in motion and practice caution at all times.
Cormetech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The success of Cormetech depends upon attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified people regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran’s status.