About the Company:
CORMETECH, Inc. was founded in 1989, and provides environmental engineering solutions and services to the North American and world's power, marine, industrial-process, refinery, and petrochemical markets. It is servicing the growth needs of the U.S. power generating fleet to comply with increasingly stringent environmental regulations in a cost-effective way.
CORMETECH has fully dedicated, state-of-the art manufacturing facilities, research and development centers and testing laboratories in Charlotte (NC), Cleveland (TN), Durham (NC), and Kings Mountain (NC).
All full-time employees are eligible for benefits on day one of employment!
Under the general supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist (HRG) provides support to the organization in a variety of human resource activities. The HRG carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee development, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, legal and ISO compliance, training and development, and organizational development.
• Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, morale, and training and development.
• Provides coaching and guidance to supervisors and managers on human resource policies, procedures, employee development, and fostering positive employee engagement.
• Assists the Director of Human Resources in support of other HR functions as needed.
• Assists with recruiting, interviewing, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
• Assists employees with employee maintenance issues such as payroll questions, benefits, policy interpretation, and related needs.
• Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
• Processes newly hired employees, including new hire documents and benefits enrollments.
• Works with HR Team to plan and implement employee relations activities and events.
• Conducts training activities such as new employee and temporary staff orientations, and policy trainings accommodating a multi-shift operation.
• Participates in HR staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars for benchmarking and continued professional development.
• Actively promotes culture of positive, open communications at all levels of the organization.
• Assists the Training and Development Manager with reviewing, tracking, and documenting compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
• Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Maintains programs and knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law and Cormetech policies and procedures and ISO guidelines.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Special projects as assigned
• Office environment with moderate noise level.
• Ability to walk out on production floor.
• Required to sit for long periods of time.
• Infrequent light physical effort required.
• Ability to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as respiratory protection, safety harness, and full protection suit as well as common protective or safety equipment including, but not limited to, safety shoes, eye protection, hand protection, hearing protection, hard hats, etc.
Cormetech, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The success of Cormetech depends upon attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified people regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran’s status.