Directs and performs development of plans, specifications and inspection reports to ensure items are complete, accurate, and in accordance with good engineering practice and conducting engineering projects through all phases of development by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Responsibilities
1. Designs mechanical systems for commercial and institutional buildings.
2. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and design experience in at least three of the categories listed below, along with a good working knowledge of one additional category.
a. HVAC systems, including selection of HVAC equipment for building applications
b. Central HVAC plant systems.
c. Plumbing and sprinkler fire protection systems.
d. Fire suppression systems such as AFFF, dry chemical, and Halon 1301.
e. Mechanical design including computation of building heating and cooling loads.
3. Performs required design calculations.
4. Displays expertise in use of word processing and spreadsheet software, and computer assisted engineering and design software to perform engineering tasks.
5. Provides technical supervision of assigned mechanical designers, engineers and CAD staff.
6. Coordinates technical and administrative activities with those of other disciplines and other departments in the company, Clients and the Client's design team participating in a project.
7. Exhibits effective working knowledge of local and national building codes. Demonstrates expertise in the application of all applicable safety codes and industry standards, including International Building Codes, including building, mechanical, plumbing, fire, and fuel gas codes.
8. Exhibits broad knowledge of design/engineering contracts including provisions of standard forms of agreement between: Owner/Architect, Owner/Engineer, Architect/Engineer, etc.
9. Takes a lead role in planning, organizing and implementing engineering and design presentation standards.
10. Trains and motivate employees by developing team building activities.
11. Assists in training/mentoring new employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Bachelor's Degree Architectural Engineering from an ABET-accredited four-year college or university. Successful performance at this career level typically requires 7 - 10 years of relevant work experience. Demonstrated supervisory/leaderships skills and/or minimum of one year supervisory experience or combination of skills and experience necessary to lead a team of Engineers
Knowledge, Skill, Ability, Licenses
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Colorado required
• Proficiency in conducting engineering projects through all phases of development
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively; to express ideas; to share information; and to prepare clear, well-organized correspondence, reports and similar documents
• Proven ability to make presentations to clients
• Must be authorized to work in the United States