The Fund Compliance Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Investor Relations Department and Legal Department, with oversight and management of MLG's subscription paperwork process, fund compliance and investor files. This permanent full-time position will report to the Associate General Counsel and offers an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is a motivated, organized, and a process-oriented person by nature. This position will require a positive attitude and an ability to thrive in a collaborative office environment. Additionally, this role requires an individual who is trustworthy, service minded, experienced in anticipating client's needs, and focused on building processes that ensure accurate, timely, and consistent work product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate with fundraising and legal team for the completion of subscription documents
• Assist Legal Department with fund compliance and disclosure documents
• Lead the collection and input of key investment and client data into our SalesForce and other systems as needed
• Review and verify existing client data for accuracy and consistency
• Support the logistics of client quarterly reporting and the distribution process
• Support client interactions and meetings by preparing reports and collateral materials
• Monitor and keep client accounts updated for compliance requirements
• Actively and effectively respond to general investor related queries
• Establish and populate new investor accounts
• Participate in annual risk assessments and continually test for adherence to established policies and procedures
• Cultivate strong relationships with internal associates including key executives, Asset Management and Accounting, Acquisitions and Fundraisers
• Ad hoc projects, reports and other general compliance functions as necessary
• Minimum of 3-5 years prior experience in investor relations, legal, finance/accounting, or real estate.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills. A detailed and process-oriented self-starter.
• Ability to work on a team, as well as independently, while driving multiple priorities and applying good judgement along with strong sense of self-motivation and direction.
• Smart, energetic, team player with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
• Demonstrate mature conduct in high pressure and sensitive situations
• Strong interest in a private equity real estate investment career
• Familiarity with investor subscription documents is preferred
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent from an accredited University
• Experience with Salesforce, Juniper or other CRM software a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Teams, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, Docusign and PowerPoint
Physical Requirements: Ability to operate office machinery; including but not limited to: telephone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, printer, and mobile phone.
Working Conditions: Open office workstation environment, moderate to quiet noise levels.