Resident Summer Staff
Reports to Program Director, RSS Leadership Team and any supervisory position within their assigned position.
The general responsibilities of Resident Summer Staff personnel will be to the hands, feet, and encouragement of Jesus Christ to Shocco Springs by participating in change-out(s) of campus facilities as required, performing the duties of their assigned position, participate in RSS programs, openly profess to be a believer and follower of Christ, and maintain Christ-like behavior to the best of their abilities at all times during the summer season as established annually by leadership, not to exceed 119 days.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Perform to the best of their abilities all duties of their assigned position.
• Perform change-out(s) of campus facilities as needed, as defined by the Lodging Services Director.
• Maintain your assigned living quarters and other assigned areas to the standard prescribed by the Resident Summer Staff
Handbook and RSS Leadership Team.
• Attend and participate in mandatory RSS nights.
• Attend and participate in mandatory weekly Bible study and worship services.
• Always make guest needs and convenience a priority.
• Be involved in and aware of the happenings of campus life.
• Accept miscellaneous assignments as agreed upon with supervisory personnel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
At-Will Employment Statement
Employment and compensation are at-will, and therefore can be terminated, with or without cause, at any time without prior notice at the employee’s option or SSBCC’s option. This at-will relationship may not be modified by any oral or implied agreement, and that neither employee handbook, nor any course of conduct, practice, policy, award, promotion, performance evaluation, transfer, or length of service can modify this at-will relationship.
• In all aspects of personal, professional and spiritual life, exemplify Christ-like standards.
• By word and action, express a personal acceptance and faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and be actively involved with a body of believers.
• Ability to organize, manage multiple tasks and details and perform assigned duties in a pleasant and competent manner.
• Ability to communicate (auditory, verbally and written) adeptly with guest, program personnel and employees.
• Minimum 16 years of age.
• Must be unmarried with no dependents.
• Ability to work a minimum of 20 hours weekly in their assigned position
• Ability or strength to lift, carry, and load items as required by their assigned position
• Abstinence from use of tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, and controlled substances while employed by Shocco Springs.