GDS Link is a global IT and Risk Management consulting firm with offices on 5 continents. Our clients are financial institutions who expect the highest level of systems reliability and know we will not compromise on excellence. As we grow, we want our people to grow with us and thrive on continual learning, teaching, and knowledge sharing.
GDS Link is looking for an Application Support Consultant who will be responsible for supporting our production customer systems that are either hosted within Amazon Web Services (AWS) or license sale. The ideal candidate will have experience with AWS and have a good track record of dealing with customers proactively in order ensure SLA targets are met. Knowledge of working within the financial services/credit risk industry would be highly desirable.
Job responsibilities include:
- Provide support for critical applications used for data processing and credit decisioning
- Management, maintenance and monitoring of existing services that host our SaaS customers
- Set-up and configuration of new customer environments following GDS build standards and processes
- Create and maintain internal support documentation for customer solutions and assist in maintaining and improving IT-related processes and procedures
- Participate in daily project and triage meetings to provide support to the project team as required.
- Monitor and manage in-house office computers and equipment, including desktop PCs, laptops, rack-mounted servers, and various network devices
- Deploy system updates and system changes
- Participate in post-incident reviews for production incidents
- Participate in out-hours 24x7 on-call Technical Support Rota
Working knowledge and experience with the following:
- 3+ years minimum experience in Information Technology/ Technical Support role
- System administration (Linux and Windows server) and knowledge of Tomcat or IIS
- Cloud Administration, AWS – Amazon Web Services is a plus
- Maintaining databases such as MySQL and/or SQLServer (MongoDB would be a plus)
- General network/application troubleshooting
- Familiar with capacity planning & performance monitoring
- Knowledge about networks, firewalls, protocols, firewall rules, routing
- Knowledge of SOAP, REST, XML and Webservices
- Programming, scripting (Bash, Perl, VB, PowerShell, etc.)
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage several tasks at one time
- Experience working independently and as part of a team to investigate application issues
- Strong sense of responsibility and commitment to go above and beyond to meet deliverables
- Strong customer service attitude and initiative to investigate technical issues
- Great attitude and eagerness to learn new skills
- Good written and verbal skills
Salary range $65,000 to $100,000, depending on experience.