Site Supervisor Apprentice I
Construction Program Manager
The Site Supervisor Apprentice 1 is responsible for assisting in the construction and volunteer activities on any numbers of job sites. This may include all work from start to finish on one property, specialized phases of the construction process, or rehab and renovation work as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ensures safe working environment by conducting safety training for each volunteer crew.
2. Prepares and maintains tools, materials and task lists for each workday.
3. Supervises crew leaders, task leaders and volunteers.
4. Reports daily progress to Construction Project Manager and House Lead Supervisor.
5. Receives and utilizes training from Site Supervisor Journeyman and Supervisor Apprentice 2 in residential construction, volunteer management, and site safety.
6. Secures job site at the end of each work day.
7. Ensures that finished product meets HfHPC quality standards and meets or exceeds Florida Building Code.
8. Follows HfHPC standards for budgeting and on-time scheduling.
9. Works with Construction Project Manager and Journeyman Supervisors to establish construction schedule and adjusts as needed.
10. Assists in Developing and prepares contingency plans for days of inclement weather and various sizes of work groups.
11. Other duties as delegated.
12. Attends and participates in required HFHPC meetings.
13. Assists in preparations for special events.
1. Ability to perform all phases of residential construction.
2. Ability to drive a vehicle with dump trailer attached.
3. Ability to read blueprints.
4. Professional, enthusiastic, mission driven personality.
5. Ability to work independently and in team environments.
6. Enjoy working with diverse client base.
7. Ability to handle and defuse challenging situations with tact.
8. Willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities with appropriate training and supervision.
9. Ability to learn all phases of construction, inspections, planning before moving to the next level. Site Supervisor apprentice 2.
This job is primarily performed in and around active construction sites. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may periodically be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment will be consistent with active construction activity. The position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and debris.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, reach with hands/arms, listen and communicate. The employee must be capable of lifting and/or moving 50+ pounds as necessary, and may be required to stand and walk for long extended periods of time, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
The full time Site Supervisor Apprentice 1 works forty hours per week. Typical hours are 7:15 AM to 3:15 PM Tuesday through Saturday, although flexibility is necessary for evening meetings, adequate preparation for crews of varying sizes and skill levels, and preparation for special events. In addition, supervisors may occasionally be required to work on Sundays or Mondays depending on construction scheduling. Also required to work West Pasco and Pinellas location.
Education, Experience and Attributes
• High School Diploma
• One years’ experience in residential construction
• One year of supervisory experience
• Clear understanding of Habitat For Humanity’s mission
• Proven ability to train semi-skilled and unskilled volunteers
• Ability to speak and write English fluently
• Ability to effectively connect and communicate with short term volunteers
Please note this job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.