We are looking for a detail oriented paralegal for business immigration legal support work. We are looking for someone who works independently, is highly detail oriented, and has experience in managing a large volume of legal cases. We offer a friendly and collaborative work environment with remote work possibility, as well as professional growth and development opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare legal documents and forms for non-immigrant and immigrant visa applications.
• Correspond with corporate clients and their employees.
• Build and maintain databases and files for a large volume of corporate clients.
• Manage deadlines and calendars.
• Set up electronic case matter files, prepare requests, and obtains necessary case documentation.
• Research immigration and general case laws and applicable regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred; a combination of light experience and Paralegal certification, or extensive experience will be viewed as equivalent.
• At least two years of full-time business immigration paralegal experience.
• Experience with INS Zoom is required.
• Thorough knowledge of legal communication principles and practices, legal research techniques, and legal terminology.
• In-depth knowledge of federal immigration laws and regulations.
• Experience communicating with clients and businesses in professional environment.
• Organizational skills to decide on work priorities and procedures.
General office environment the majority of time. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Employers Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. Qualified applicants are provided an equal opportunity and selection decisions are based on job-related factors.