Beyer Blinder Belle, an award-winning architecture firm with offices in New York City, Boston, and Washington DC, seeks a highly motivated Project Architect to join the New York City office.
We are looking for a motivated individual who can lead and coordinate with a team of Architects and Engineers on projects ranging from $50M to $150M in construction value. Projects will be comprised of residential mix-use, hospitality, or commercial sectors. Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and guide large teams efficiently. Individual needs to communicate with the A/E team pertaining to technical, code, and constructability issues, while also keeping the client abreast of all issues and meeting the required deadlines. Such individual will be responsible for assembling the required documents (SD, DD, and CD) with their respective team. Individual will report directly to the Project Manager and interface with the Partner in Charge of the project.
- Coordinate and manage consultants and internal BBB team; execute coordination meetings, communicate directly with Construction Manager, keep the team focused on the required tasks, maintain the design intent for the specific project, assemble project schedule and milestones while assembling the required contract drawings and specifications.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on all project documents for compliance with office standards, client requirements, code, and zoning requirements.
- Provide clear and concise direction to the staff and consulting engineers.
- Have the ability to keep the entire team focused while creating a positive team environment by maintaining an open dialogue.
- Be able to navigate and contribute to the Revit model assembly by guiding the team in the proper direction as set by our office BIM standards.
III. Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills - Motivating, influencing the team to meet or exceed goals in a positive manner.
- Ability to delegate by giving clear instructions, mentoring as required, and following up to gauge everyone’s progress.
- Create a clear line of communication amongst the entire team allowing for creativity to grow, and enhance problem-solving.
- Ability to be schedule driven while maintaining focus on the overall design objective.
- Have a clear understanding of constructability issues, and communicate such issues to the construction manager.
- Thorough knowledge of multi-family residential technical and code issues.
- Knowledgeable with various high rise construction systems.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Revit, and clash detection software (such as Navisworks)
- Should be fluent in MS Project and MS Office programs.
- Experience as a Senior Architect in a comparable position supervising staff.
- 9-10+ years experience in general architectural practice, with at least 5 years focused on the residential sector.
- Registered Architect required, and sustainability accreditation preferred.
- Successful candidate will be required to have the following capabilities when it comes to working with BIM software:
- Comfortable utilizing 3D Surface Modeling platforms (McNeel Rhinoceros 6+Grasshopper preferred).
- Comfortable utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM) platforms (recent Autodesk Revit experience or Autodesk Certified Users preferred).
- Comfortable utilizing point clouds (produced by others) as backgrounds for existing conditions or as-built modeling and documentation work (Autodesk Recap preferred).
- Experience participating in a BIM Execution Planning process and adhering to defined standards for model exchange, design authoring, drawing production, and design review within a common data environment (BIM 360 Design preferred).
- Capable of conducting BIM-based coordination, issue tracking, and quality assurance using a model checking platform (Autodesk Navisworks, Solibri Model Checker, and/or BIM 360 Coordinate preferred).
- Experience successfully producing BIM that is compliant with data requirements and Level of Development (LOD) expectations for a project.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience and ability. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting a resume, cover letter, and portfolio.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.