- Set up welding machine based on the job at hand or using Welding Procedure Specification.
- Complete strong, clean welds both for structural fabrication and light frame assembly.
- Ability to bend solid round stock (1/4") into shape, complete tack welds.
- Read blueprints, shop drawings, and sketches in order to execute jobs and tasks to specification.
- Assess equipment, structures, materials, and job specifications for appropriate welding positions and methods.
- Monitor equipment for appropriate usage and temperature.
- Develop a working knowledge related to methods used for welding a variety of materials and components.
- Trim metal components using heat, fire, and/or electricity.
- Monitor work environment for hazards and maintain a healthy ventilation level to avoid particle or gas inhalation.
- Follow safety protocol, including wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, clothing and safety shoes.
- Keep work area clean and organized and take proper care of all equipment and facilities.
- Assemble items as instructed by floor/plant supervisor.
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Lift raw materials, final products, and items packed for shipment, manually (up to 60 pounds), or using a hoist for heavier objects.
- Follow company rules and policies.
- Uphold all ISO and OSHA standards applicable to the responsibilities above.
IDEAL WELDER CANDIDATE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 6 months welding experience.
- Formal Training Through a Vocational or Technical School, Relevant Welder or Welding Fabricator Certifications, or in instances of lack of formal education good work history/experience.
- Ability to Read Blueprints, or basic shop drawings.
- Attention to detail, ability to complete paperwork and be organized.
- Strong work ethic, with good employment history and reliability.