Who We Are
Casa de los Niños is one of the most established and well respected non-profit organizations in Tucson. We have been helping kids and healing families since 1973. Our services include parent education classes, Foster Care, Parents As Teachers, Behavioral Health, and Nurse-Family Partnership Program!
The Vice President of Programs will serve as a critical member of the executive leadership team. In collaboration with the CEO, the VP of Programs will articulate and implement the strategic vision and leadership of the agency; oversee a significant portfolio of programs and related services; evaluate the effectiveness of programs to provide ongoing feedback; help to promote and diversify funding through effective resource stewardship at an agency with a healthy mix of government funding and private philanthropic support; raise the agency’s profile through external communications; provide mentoring, guidance, supervision, and professional development to all leadership staff; and enhance the structure of the organization by staying abreast of developments in Early Education, child welfare, and behavioral health services.
- In coordination with the Chief Executive Officer and executive team, plays a key role in the overall development, strategic planning, service delivery, and management of the organization across multiple sites and departments
- Analyzes and compiles complex data for planning and reporting purposes.
- Deploys resources efficiently and effectively towards organizational goals, working with staff to balance workload and effort, and provide regular feedback so that key staff can continuously improve their supervision and mentoring skills.
- Serves as liaison to key government agencies, in particular to the Department of Child Safety, AHCCCS and Department of Economic Security.
- Develops inclusive strategic plan and by collaborating with Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
- Oversees the coordination, integration, and delivery of all programs, contracts and related services, promoting collaborative relationships between program areas and ensuring that the expectations of funders, partners, constituents, clients, and other stakeholders are consistently met.
- Provides direct supervision to Associate Vice President of Health Services and Associate Vice President of Family Services and works closely with senior program staff to build their skills and confidence.
- Provides assistance and guidance on how to address program and staff performance challenges.
- Mentors directors, managers, and supervisors on how to proactively engage in planning to improve program management.
- Systematically cultivates and maintains long-term partnerships for the benefit of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in behavioral health, social work, or a health care related field required.
- Master’s Degree in behavioral health, social work, or a health care related field is strongly preferred.
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of progressive management experience.
- Expertise in one or more of the following service areas: early education, youth development, behavioral health and child welfare.
- Must be able to meet training and agency requirements for the position.
- Must foster an environment that is solution-focused, dedicated, and compassionate to support the organization’s mission, values, and strategic direction.
- Must exhibit a demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion; valuing a diversity of perspectives and encouraging contributions by all team members.
- Must be able to qualify for and maintain a valid Arizona Department of Public Safety level one fingerprint clearance card.
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
Casa de los Niños promotes child well-being and family stability in our community. We place top priority on hiring and growing a team of knowledgeable, passionate, creative, and diverse individuals who have a strong desire to empower children and families within our community. More information about us and our current job openings is available at www.casadelosninos.org. Casa de los Niños is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, gender identity, gender(sex), sexual orientation, or familial status.