The Security Technician is responsible for performing full cycle processes for security systems, including but not limited to: startup, installation, closeout and service of physical security systems, trouble shooting services issues over the phone.
Duties and responsibilities
• Closeout and service of physical security systems,
• Troubleshooting service issues over the phone,
• Remote accessing of security systems to trouble shoot issues
• Assisting in design and other tasks as assigned while delivering on Matrix-NDI standards.
• Installs, terminates and tests equipment as per specifications and in conjunction with any pertaining building and or electrical codes.
• Work with Field Engineers on startup to ensure complete system compliance.
• Daily communications with Project Manager on delays, requirements and general status of jobs to ensure delivery of the project
• Work with Project Manager to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client and service department
• Repair, restore and test all systems per specifications and in conjunction with any pertaining building and or electrical codes.
• Proper hand and power tool operations and safety
• Ability to solve practical problems and carry out responsibilities under minimal supervision
• Ability to organize workload for effective implementation
• Ability to complete projects on time and on budget
• Ability to write simple correspondence and present information in one-on-one and small group situations
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
• Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves
Complies with all company standards and policies. Demonstrating optimal customer service for customers and peers.
• Valid drivers license with acceptable driving record.
• 1 year experience - Ability to read blueprints and schematics
• 1 year experience - Basic computer skills including MS Office Suite
• 1 year experience - Aptitude for learning system programming
• 5 years experience - Knowledge of card access, CCTV, network cameras, and Intrusion
• Associates degree (2 year) in a technical capacity
• 3+ years working in the electronic field with daily use of AC/DC theory
• Maintain professional licensing as required by State and Local jurisdictions.
• Maintain certifications of systems, cameras, card access, intrusion, network, voice data, paging and intercom systems.