Hartzell Propeller is the leading manufacturer of aircraft propeller systems for general aviation, supplying propeller systems for aircraft manufacturers and modifiers around the world. We are a small, team-oriented company where individual contributions are encouraged and recognized. We are located in Piqua, Ohio, approximately 25 miles north of Dayton – the birthplace of aviation. Piqua is a community of 22,000, which offers a friendly, small-town atmosphere yet is still an easy drive to Dayton, Columbus and Cincinnati.
Hartzell Propeller seeks to fill multiple openings in our manufacturing facility. The responsibilities of these roles are varied and present the opportunity to provide essential support to our manufacturing operations. The jobs will vary in responsibilities and the ideal candidate will prefer variation in the work day as it will include both routine and regular work and special assignments. The hired candidate could be assigned to one of several departments to include Stockroom, Paint, Service Center, De-Ice, Special Processes, Plating and others.
Examples of Daily Activities
1) Supporting Prop builders and packing the product for shipment
2) Intricate deburring, sanding, and cleaning of complex shapes
3) Entry level equipment maintenance and cleaning of machinery
4) Disassembly, degrease, media blast, and clean propeller components
5) Prepping, painting, and de-masking of propeller components
6) Layup, sewing and soldering of deice boot material
7) Picking and packing of small parts; boxing and crating propeller systems
8) Other responsibilities as deemed necessary for the success of the operation
Required Education and Experience
HS Diploma or GED required; experience in a manufacturing facility is a plus
Required Technical Competencies
1) Mechanical Aptitude – demonstrated examples (on the job or outside of work) showing competency to work with hands. Might include items such as body work skills, crate repair, general wrenching ability, construction work, etc.
2) Manual Dexterity – Ability to perform a job that requires detailed handwork
3) Experience with Process Standards – Demonstrated ability to read, understand and execute to written instruction
4) Computer Skills – experience with entering and retrieving data from a computer
Required Behavioral Competencies
1) Applied Learning - Assimilates and applies new job-related information in a timely manner.
2) Contributes to Team Success – Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
3) Adaptability – demonstrated flexibility to move to the work; adjusts to changes in work structure, processes and requirements
4) Manages Work – Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently; utilizes down time to support completion of other necessary work
5) Energy – willing to work hours as required and do what it takes to get the job done
6) Quality Orientation – Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checks processes and tasks; Uses care when handling product and material.