Additionally, properly performs set ups of some machines. Using a variety of measurement tools, looks at the finished product to ensure it is defect-free and ready for the next step in production.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following essential functions are the critical duties an employee must be able to perform either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation.
1. Determines operating procedures from work instructions/job routing and/or blueprints. May also complete, with assistance, set-up of the press accordingly.
2. With minimal direct instruction, operates press machines and understands and performs press controls. Operates continuous and single stroke applications.
3. Monitors machines and understands the mechanics of pressing machines to identify malfunctions. May independently troubleshoot minor repairs. Makes sure machines are working at full capacity, are stocked with needed materials, well-maintained and perform periodic checks on output. Notifies Set- up Operator or Lead of any concerns.
4. Meets quality expectations by regularly inspecting product to ensure they meet the specifications. Perform basic measurements using calipers and micrometer.
5. Adheres to all safety standards and regulations, which includes regular machine maintenance and keeping a clean work area and wearing personal protective equipment.
6. Documents and files daily production results
7. Operates forklift.
8. Performs other duties as requested.
Qualifications and skills
Education & Experience: Requires high school diploma or GED. At least 3 year of relevant manufacturing/machine operations experience. Forklift certification preferred.
Skills and competencies: Basic math and communication skills. The ability to read and understand blueprints and other manufacturing instructions. Problem Solving Skills. Keen attention to detail is required. Understanding of CAD/CAM technology preferred.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
D&H Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.