This position is responsible for recruitment, benefits administration and leave of absence administration.
Essential Job duties:
- Develops recruitment strategies for each opening and formulates job postings that align with Swanson Rink’s employment brand.
- Administers all recruiting activities to ensure best selection for each role and the recruitment process is conducted efficiently and in accordance with the firm’s policies and standards.
- Sources candidates and expands the talent pipeline to include college recruiting and internships.
- Conducts phone screens, interviews, conducts pre-employment testing, reference checks, and solicits and gather’s feedback from the interviewers.
- Trains members of the interview team as needed and identifies and communicates clear goals for each interviewer.
- Identifies potential issues and provides guidance during the selection process.
- Drafts offer letters and negotiates offers within established parameters.
- Administers and maintains Swanson Rink’s Affirmative Action Plan and adheres to recordkeeping requirements. Responsible for annual EEO-1 and VETS reporting.
- Builds and maintains relationships with employment agencies and external recruiters.
- Evaluates recruitment processes and methods for cost and effectiveness and recommends improvements.
- Collaborates with internal staff to ensure a smooth on-boarding experience.
- Administers Company-sponsored health and welfare benefits including processing enrollments, changes and terminations of coverage, conducting benefits orientation meetings with newly eligible employees, and ensuring compliance with ERISA, COBRA and other legislative requirements.
- Participates in the annual renewal process and leads the Company’s annual Open Enrollment effort.
- Works with insurance brokers and insurance representatives to develop and maintain clear, accurate and compliant benefits communication materials.
- Participates in benefits surveys and evaluates market competitiveness of the firm’s benefits offerings and makes recommendations for improvements, enhancements or cost-savings to benefits programs.
Leave of Absence Administration
- Administers the Company’s Leave of Absence policies in accordance with Federal and State leave laws (FMLA, Pregnancy Disability, Workers Compensation, and other leaves of absence).
- Administers confidential employee records and files, and maintains the highest level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Assists with facilitating a team-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity, cooperation, accountability and service.
- Fills in for the HR Manager when required.