Location: Kennewick, WA
Compensation: $14.00-$16.00 per hour
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week
Ideal Option has been working on the front lines of the opioid epidemic since our first clinic opened in 2012. With more than 75 clinics across 10 states, we continuously strive to be the nation’s leading provider of low-barrier evidence-based treatment for opioid use disorder. We are looking for an Insurance Verification Representative to join our growing team and help us in our vision to give back lives, reunite families, and heal communities that are suffering from the devastating effects of substance use disorder.
At Ideal Option, we offer our employees a competitive and comprehensive benefits program to recognize how important you are to the company. Current benefits include:
• Medical, vision, and dental
• Short-term and long-term disability options
• A 401K retirement program
• Paid time off and paid holidays
As an Insurance Verification Representative, you play a key role in performing patient registration and pre-registration of scheduled accounts, verifies insurance coverage and benefit information within the billing department. Additional responsibilities include:
• Enters new patients and existing patient's data into the computer.
• Verifies patients' insurance, collects co-payment and provides receipt for patient.
• Obtains complete and accurate demographic and financial information from a variety of sources.
• Provides demographic information to insurance companies and calls physician's offices as needed for pre-certification.
• Notifies patients or family members of any insurance coverage issues that may result in coverage reductions.
• Notifies patients of co-payments, deductibles or deposits needed.
• Provides patients with estimated cost for services.
• Finalizes the appropriate data for accounts.
• Verifies patient eligibility.
• Assists in account creation and scheduling of patient appointments.
• Assists patient or directing them to the correct person to help with charity care or payment plan information.
• Complies with all elements within HIPAA and the Privacy Act.
Our ideal candidate is:
Professional with strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills, verbal and written. You maintain good work habits and good attendance. You also can work independently and have great problem-solving skills.
Minimum Requirements to be considered:
•High School Diploma or GED.
•Minimum of one year of experience with insurance payer information.
•Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Internet.
•A knowledge of chemical dependency and its effects on individuals, families, and communities is preferred.