Paragon Films is a premier manufacturer of premium quality stretch film products. At Paragon, our team members are a family and we believe that as family, it is our job to take care of one another. We invest in our people and offer them opportunities to grow and develop with our company. Excellence is not just what we produce, it's who we are.
We are currently seeking individuals who are highly motivated and driven to succeed to join our team and be part of the excellence that is Paragon Films. If you are looking for a career in manufacturing with a company that is safety minded, lives by extraordinary core values and offers opportunities for growth and advancement, you have found it. We believe that regardless of where you start, you have the potential to be a leader within our organization.
Join a team that believes in you and explore the endless career opportunities that Paragon Films has to offer.
Position Title: Line Operator 1
Reporting To: Production Team Manager
Safety Sensitive: Yes
POSITION SUMMARY: The EA 2 serves as the front line of the production operation and is responsible for the basic operations of the extrusion lines while expanding their knowledge to gain a general understanding of the extrusion process. A EA 2 must be knowledgeable in and follow all procedures needed to ensure the proper safe and efficient operation of their production line. Position works under established guidelines and company policy.
- Performs basic production duties such as loading cores on to the core table; preparing the finished product by pulling, lifting, labels and packaging the finished stretch film rolls, begins training on pulling trim and threading lines
- Learns how to inspect the visual quality of the rolls, removing rolls that don’t meet established quality standards, gains understanding of roll weight and accurately weighing rolls and/or boxes of finished product; reports finished products on required documents; cutting and preparing scrap bins for recycling
- Prepares product for shipping by setting up the skids with required packaging materials, packing trays or boxes with finished rolls, could involve manually pre-wrapping trays with stretch film prior to being sent to the automated wrapper or wrapping them by hand depending on plant procedures, moving completed skids through the safe and effective use of manual and electric pallet jacks
- Begins training on the functions of the quality control paperwork and learning to complete quality control paperwork accurately following established standards and reporting quality test results to Management to ensure quality standards are being met
- Assists with ensuring line operates continuously, coordinating shift change activities, notifying Sr. Operators, Team Manager or other Management of any issues
- Maintain housekeeping on the line to ensure clean work environment; ensure work area is prepared and ready for shift change
- Performing any other duties as requested or assigned by Management
- Demonstrated proficiency in the duties of preceding Line Operator roles
- Technical aptitude to understand machinery and systems within a production environment
- Mechanical aptitude to understand and properly utilize basic hand tools with accuracy
- Ability to understand and properly utilize scales, weights and other measurement tools with accuracy
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement while adapting to fast paced environment and rapid changes
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and handle unexpected delays or events while maintaining constant attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills combined with good problem-solving skills
- Practice and promote teamwork within our organization
- High level of dependability regarding attendance and punctuality
- Understanding and ability to communicate using the English language in both written and spoken form or willingness to take ESL classes
- Basic mathematic skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Ability to use hands including fingers to hold, touch, see, feel, grip, squeeze, push, pull
- Ability to perform pushing, pulling, forward exertion on a regular basis
- Ability to have overhead extension with arms on a regular basis
- Ability to use enhanced levels of manual dexterity with arms and hands to operate industrial power tools occasionally
- Ability to stand and walk continuously on concrete floor for 12-hour shifts
- Ability stand, crouch, stoop, bend and squat frequently
- Ability to kneel occasionally
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders occasionally
- Ability to work on elevated platforms
- Ability to climb on uneven surfaces occasionally
- Ability to regularly lift and or move between 45-55 lbs
- Ability to occasionally lift and or move up to 65lbs
- Ability to understand and communicate verbally, in person and over paging system
- Ability to meet requirements of and utilize all PPE when required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a plastics manufacturing environment
The environment described here is meant to be representative of those an employee would normally encounter while performing the essential functions of the job.
The physical environment requires the employee to work indoors in a hot or cold and moderately loud environment. Required to use PPE while performing job functions.
SPECIAL JOB DIMENSIONS
Work involves overtime, shift rotations and schedule changes. Requires adherence to deadlines and project completion deadlines.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work and level of being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position. The tasks and procedures involved in the performance of the job responsibilities may vary from day-to-day. Nothing in this job description restricts the organization’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibility to this job at any time. Major changes in the areas of responsibility will require revision of this job description.
Work involves Overtime, 12 Hour Shifts, Shift Rotations and Schedule Changes
Shift Rotation includes: 1 month on Days - 8:00am - 8:00pm
1 month on Nights - 8:00pm - 8:00am
Every other weekend is a 3 day weekend
Only work about 16 days a month but same pay as 20 days!
* Shift Premiums for Rotating Schedule
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short and Long Term Disability
* Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
* Tuition Reimbursement and a unique Bonus Program
*Exceptional Holiday Pay and premiums
* Paid Vacation and Holidays
*401(k) Plan includes a company match at 100% of the first 3% of contribution
* Competitive wages completes Paragon’s total compensation package
Paragon Films is a Drug Free Workplace (Includes no Marijuana), Pre-Employment Drug Testing is required.