Kythera Space Solutions is the leading provider of resource management systems for next generation satellite payloads. Sophisticated communication satellites with channelization and beam forming capabilities promise satellite operators and their customers extraordinary flexibility and newfound complexity. Kythera’s intelligent, real-time and planning software systems make it easy to harness the power of high-throughput satellites.
Kythera is seeking a dynamic Project Manager to lead the development of groundbreaking satellite communications software. The ideal candidate has a proven track record managing complex, technical, enterprise-class software development contracts. Critical is experience managing agile software development projects for real-time systems; five years or more technical experience in software development and/or communications engineering; and a knack for deftly weaving technical disciplines, management and processes, business strategy, and organizational dynamics into a successful project that yields a happy customer. Experience managing both commercial and government software development contracts and experience in the satellite industry are all big pluses.
Lead and manage project development of large-scale enterprise systems with real-
time operational requirements, achieving project and customer success.
• Prepare project plans and coordinate completion of project deliverables from planning through
• Align activities and resources to achieve on-time and within-budget project delivery.
• Work closely with numerous customers, customer organizations, and partners.
• Monitor, manage, and report on the project's finances.
• Manage risks and make adjustments to ensure the project stays on track.
• Report to and present to senior management within the company and customer accounts.
• Support new business development activities.
• Developing, nurturing, and managing a diverse team of software and engineering professionals.
Must be able to:
• Work independently
• Solve organizational, team, delivery, and process problems
• Understand and lead the resolution to technical problems
• Lead and direct a highly technical, diversely skilled, and geographically dispersed team, (and
these days) virtual team
• Manage project financials, including P&L, cash flow, burn rate, EVM
• Work well in a team
• Establish strong, long-term working relationships with customers
Requirements Must have:
• Experience in large software development projects
• Experience with dynamic, real-time systems and the unique requirements they impose
• Experience with technical systems with mathematical and engineering complexity
• Detailed agile software development process knowledge and experience
• Excellent skills with Microsoft Office Suite, the Google Suite, Jira, and project management tools
• Superior written and oral communication skills
• Strong business acumen, with an ability to tie project progress to business goals and value
• Strong customer relationship management skills
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to develop, manage, and juggle a complex schedule,
many deliverables, and lots of parallel paths of activity
• Experience estimating and costing software development projects
• Experience authoring proposals, both technical and management content
• Experience preparing and presenting both technical and C-level management presentations
deally trained in Agile
• PMP a Plus
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or Information Technology and 5+ years of experience.