Essential manufacturer of diesel locomotive parts and components seeks a MIG welder/metal fabricator to produce locomotive parts. Experience with break press, plasma cutter and industrial saws preferred. Ability to read and follow blue prints desirable. Attention to detail required. We are an employee-owned company. We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, and paid time off for this full time, day shift position.
• Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
• Tack-weld fitted parts together.
• Remove high spots and cut bevels, using hand files, portable grinders, and cutting torches.
• Hammer, chip, and grind workpieces to cut, bend, and straighten metal.
• Smooth workpiece edges
• Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.