Position Title: Bilingual (Spanish) Registered Clinician, SUD LPHA - ASW/APCC/AMFT
Program: Adult Alcohol and Drug Treatment Program
Classification: Non-exempt, Full Time
Salary: $23.00-$26.00 per hour; Commensurate with experience
Summary and Range of Authority: Under the supervision of Program Lead, the Registered Clinician provides SUD services to target population.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct initial intake screening and assessment evaluations to target population.
- Designated intake/screening, comprehensive assessment and diagnostic tools include, but are not limited to, ASAM, ASI Lite, and Medical Necessity Justification.
- Develop treatment planning.
- Provide effective OS and IOS group counseling.
- Conduct individual, family, and collateral counseling services.
- Provide education and supportive services to clients and families.
- Provide crisis intervention services.
- All the duties and responsibilities shall be delivered in compliance with Drug Medi-Cal Organized Delivery System (DMC-ODS), County of San Diego and other relevant regulations.
- Orientation, training, and supervision will be provided.
Required Education, Certifications/Licenses and Language/Cultural Skills:
- Must be registered with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (e.g. Associate Marriage and Family Therapist, Associate Professional Clinical Counselor or Associate Clinical Social Worker).
- Bilingual, Bicultural in Spanish
Minimum Experience and Qualifications Required:
- iIf recovering, must be clean and sober and stable in the recovery process for at least 1 year.
- Must be free of probation or parole supervision for a minimum of one year.
- Knowledge and experience working with substance abusing individuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain supportive relationship with clients from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Have knowledge and experience working with clients who have co-occurring disorders.
- Knowledge and experience in the principles of effective alcohol and drug treatment theories and approaches.
- Ability to provide crisis intervention, outreach, education, advocacy, community organization and follow-up services.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other team members.
- Abide by UPAC Code of Conduct and professional code of conduct.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet browsers, and Outlook.
- Ability to provide various services via TeleHealth.
- Must have flexibility to work some evening and weekend hours during scheduled client activities.
- Must be drug tested prior to hire and drug test results shall be negative for illegal drug use, including marijuana.
- COVID-19 Vaccination required, unless exempted as a reasonable accommodation as allowed by the law.
- Must have TB clearance.
- Must have certified First Aid and CPR training (including infant CPR).
- Must pass background check (Live Scan Fingerprint).
- Must be able to drive (when needed) for business purposes to other program locations in San Diego County. If employee drives his/her personal automobile for UPAC business, employee must have valid California driver’s license and comprehensive automobile insurance coverage, as required by law.
Additional Preferred Education or Qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience of Drug Medi-Cal ODS and SanWITS data systems.
- Change Agent Developing Recovery Excellence (CADRE) trained.
- If recovering, the recovery process for 2 years preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Spends approximately 70% of work time sitting and meeting with others or working at a desk and/or computer. Spends approximately 30% of work time standing or walking within the work area or outside the office at meetings and events, also bends, twists, stoops and reaches. Ability to communicate in writing and verbally. Regularly required to sit and talk or hear. Frequently is required to use hands to touch, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Working conditions are normal for an office environment and event venues. The noise level is usually moderate.