Analyze and develop new and exciting features for the KEXP iOS App. Working independently under the supervision of the KEXP Software Team, you will add features and fixes to the existing app. Input, ideas and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. We strive to make the experience a fun and rewarding one. This is a reoccurring volunteer position.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain existing code base and offer suggestions for issues and existing features
- Undertake development of new defined features
- Work with current and future volunteers
- Evaluate and share thoughts on current and future design
- Work with the KEXP Software Team to effectively understand requirements
- Follow all ethical and accepted software development best practices
- Attend KEXP Software Team stand-ups from time to time (online)
- Communicate issues, blocking problems and questions
- Good understanding of Swift
- Comfortable with XCode
- Understanding of design principles
- Comfortable working with GitHub and proper procedures
- Familiarity with Basecamp
- Ability to communicate via email and Slack required
- Development of a task/feature from inception to completion
- Ability to work remotely on software development
- Understanding and involvement of Agile development and processes
- Team collaboration
As a nonprofit arts organization, KEXP relies on you to power the music we all love. Your donation of services may qualify you to be a part of one of our special giving clubs, eligible for thank you gifts and invitations to special (virtual) events.
A donor may deduct a donation of services as a charitable contribution.