We are currently seeking a Marketing Assistant to join our Sales and Marketing team. We offer a friendly and collaborative work environment, professional growth and development opportunities, and the ability to maintain family and personal interests outside of work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinates outbound marketing campaign and email calendar understanding the strategic drivers.
• Coordinates various marketing fulfillment duties and systems including direct mail, packages, letters, catalogs, and other sales literature.
• Assists with member communications, including newsletter, digital marketing, advertising and promotion, and editing and proofreading.
• Assists with ad contracts and placement.
• Assists graphic designer and outside marketing agencies with ads and other content or collateral.
• Produces and tracks results of regular email marketing; runs other reports required to gather data on marketing efficacy.
• Assists with video production and editing required under supervision of video producer.
• Assists with vendor and third party partner coordination for events and external advertisers.
• Assists with ordering company promotional items and tracking budget spend
• Data Entry duties if necessary
• Other Administrative duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, competently and in a timely manner. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following:
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office word processing software; Adobe Creative Suite and design software, mainly Photoshop and InDesign; Comfort with using email marketing platforms used to create professional-looking emails to send to large groups.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
• Working knowledge of social media platforms, algorithms, and management best practices
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
General office environment the majority of time. Occasional lifting. Some local travel. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Employers Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. Qualified applicants are provided an equal opportunity and selection decisions are based on job-related factors.