Reports to: Director of Advancement Services, Analytics and Membership
Classification: Exempt, Full-time
Benefits: Full Museum Benefits
DMA Mission: The Dallas Museum of Art is a space of wonder and discovery where art comes alive.
The DMA will:
- Place art and our diverse communities at the center around which all activities radiate.
- Pursue excellence in collecting and programming, present works of art across cultures and time, and be a driving force in contemporary art.
- Strengthen our position as a prominent, innovative institution, expanding the meaning and possibilities of learning and creativity.
Scope of position:
The Dallas Museum of Art is in a period of exciting growth as it implements a strategic plan centered around a new mission – art and engagement. The expansion of the Development Department—including several newly created positions—is a key element towards success of the plan and the Museum’s future as a national leader.
The Manager of Membership and Onsite Experience will have primary responsibility for developing and executing strategies that support the growth, retention and engagement of about 16,000 Membership households (annual membership gifts between $100 to $999) across mail, online, onsite, and phone channels. This includes all aspects of generating revenues, expense management, programming, acknowledgments, fulfillment and stewardship activities. Working closely with the Director, the Manager will actively participate in revenue growth with the development of strategies, and executing multi-channel direct response marketing campaigns for renewals, acquisition, re-acquisition, upgrades, and annual fund. This includes developing direct mail, onsite, and digital strategies, conducting analyses, managing external campaign vendors, and overseeing the execution of the campaigns into market.
The Manager will also be responsible for creating and executing strategies to support a cohesive, onsite experience for guests and members. This individual is required to champion a culture of exemplary customer service across onsite and inbound phone/ email channels. Working closely with the Director, the Manager will actively participate in the development and implementation of sales and service strategies and tactics, optimizing process effectiveness and efficiencies, and conduct training to ensure the finest customer service experience for our guests and members.
- Assist the Director in the creation of data-driven strategies to grow, retain, upgrade and engage the Membership base.
- Support the Director in the creation and management of a master solicitation and communication calendar mapping all multi-channel messaging to members.
- Maintain productive and profitable vendor relationships and act as the primary daily contact with vendors during the campaigns and projects.
- Work collaboratively internally to ensure project deadlines are met through the management of needs and requirements, and internal approval processes.
- Manage all content and functionality updates to Membership related content to online membership forms and DMA.org website.
- Assist the Director with developing reporting and conduct analyses to assist with managing the growth, retention, upgrade, and engagement of the Membership base
- Actively participate in developing and implementing sales and customer services strategies and tactics.
- Manage teams of DMA Member Associates and Visitor Services Assistants at various desks throughout the Museum on a daily basis (Hamon Desk, Flora Desk).
- Provide support to teams during busy periods/ days as well as management for escalated sales and/ or customer service issues.
- Enforce and adjust processes and training to ensure optimal customer service.
- Stay informed of Museum updates, hospitality protocol, and documentation processes. Keep teams informed about any key changes or updates.
- Disseminate and enforce established processes to ensure data security, accuracy and that all transactions and dollars balance on a daily basis.
- Provide basic support for on-site ticketing system (ETix) and database of record (Raiser’s Edge).
- Collaborate with the Office of Special Events on the design and execution of DMA member benefits and events.
- Manage inventory of all membership and visitor services on-site collateral.
- Build relationships with visitors and members to cultivate their interest in DMA Membership and/or to upgrade their support.
- Work and attend various DMA events, including DMA Member events.
- Track progress to financial goals and other key performance metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certification:
- Bachelors’ degree required and/ or minimum of 3 years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising, preferably in the arts and cultural sector
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and Ticketing systems (ETix) preferred
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills including, financial literacy with an understanding of financial metrics and ability to analyze data
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams and leading teams
- Strong communication skills (written/ oral) and public interaction skills
- Strong customer service experience
- Outstanding organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in managing integrated marketing campaigns
- Experience in managing multiple vendor relationships
- Demonstrated experience in taking initiative when planning and executing projects
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Enthusiasm and desire to make an impact
- Sense of humor
The Dallas Museum of Art is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and is and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.