We are looking for sr Scientist to support the urgent molecular biology reagent production needs.
• Lead a project to develop plasmid prep production process and to optimize the procedure and maximize the work efficiency.
• Work with automation engineers and vendors developing automated plasmid prep automation line.
• Work with QA group to optimize the consistency of production from batch to batch.
• Lead other laboratory procedure improvement projects.
• Ensure compliance with the correct procedures, policies, and health and safety regulations.
• Undertake administrative tasks and distribute assignments to team members.
• Other assignments from supervisors.
• BS degree with 5+ years or MS /PHD with 1-2 years in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or related biological fields with research experience in microbial or mammalian cell cultures
Required Experience and Skills:
• Experience with cell culture, microbial culture, and general laboratory practices
• Strong scientific knowledge and background in cell biology, microbiology, cell metabolism, or process engineering related to microbial or mammalian cell cultures.
• Ability to comprehend and execute experiment independently; ability to organize, communicate and present complicate dataset to drive for the conclusion and further study designs
• A highly motivated scientist who enjoys working in the lab, conducting experiments, and sharing results with a team
• Demonstrated ability to think critically with excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• Experience with automated process development
• CAD or related designing software skills
• Good understanding of experiment design and statistical methods ( DoE or multivariate data analysis)
• Demonstrated ability to independently prepare technical documents and scientific presentation to capture the development progress, scientific investigation, and technology development output