Chief Financial Officer
Nuvve Corp. is a San Diego based company, whose mission is to lower the cost of electrical vehicle (EV)
ownership while supporting the integration of renewable energy sources, such as wind and solar. Our
Grid Integrated Vehicle platform GIVe™ transforms EVs into grid assets when charging while
guaranteeing the expected level of charge when the vehicle owner needs it. The aggregation of
thousands of electric vehicles into a virtual power plant using the GIVe platform, allows Nuvve to
participate in electricity markets with a power capacity comparable to traditional generators. Based on
“Vehicle To Grid” technology or “v2g” the GIVe platform gives benefits to public organizations, businesses
and homes by reducing the cost of electric infrastructure and reducing CO2 emissions.
Nuvve is looking for an experienced CFO based in our San Diego headquarters office. The CFO is
responsible for defining, leading and managing the financial and accounting policies, systems and
processes, tax and regulatory requirements and payroll systems, processes and controls. The incumbent
will also be responsible for executive level strategic planning, financial modeling and annual business
planning and budgeting. As a member of the Executive team, she/he will provide leadership and direction
to the department, company, CEO and Board of Directors. This is a full-time position with 100% company
The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. While our San Diego office is currently closed
to the public, and we moved toward our new norm of conducting business, please rest assured that we
are taking all necessary precautions including practicing social distancing and sanitation. As a result, we
have made changes to our workplace and hiring guidelines to conform with CDC requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Strategy & Executive Leadership
• Develop tools and systems to provide financial and operational information to the CEO and make
recommendations on both strategy and operations.
• Lead long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with company strategic
• Participate on the board Finance and Audit committees.
• Participate in identifying and securing external funding and funding sources, participate in
fundraising meetings with potential investors.
• Perform financial analysis of proposed collaborations, merger and acquisition and business
development deals with external organizations.
• Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
• Make recommendations and implement accounting/financial ERP systems as necessary.
Financial Planning & Analysis
• Assess organizational performance against both the annual budget, periodic forecast updates
and the company’s long-term strategy.
• Establish yearly financial objectives and targets.
• Select and engage outside consultants for the purposes of audit and investment guidance.
• Establish and maintain the organization's accounting principles, practices, and procedures;
ensure development and maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
•Work with Accounting Manager on the hands-on responsibilities for day-to-day accounting
operations and financial statement preparation and reporting.
• Establish and manage the day-to-day relationship with banks as well as managing existing and
future debt and compliance with debt reporting requirements and covenants, if any. Lead
discussions with current and potential lenders; make recommendations related to relationships
with financial partners.
• Oversee weekly cash management, approve weekly payables and check signing.
• Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns.
• Manage the Stock Option Plan in coordination with outside counsel.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience / Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree is required in a business or finance discipline; an advanced degree
(e.g., MBA, MS) or certification (e.g., CPA, CFA) is preferred.
• 15 or more years of relevant work experience with a minimum of 10 years in a leadership
• CFO experience in a public company and or IPO required.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, hands-on entrepreneurial environment.
• Effective at planning, organizing, and prioritizing.
• Able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines.
• High attention to detail and accuracy.
• Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Flexible and adaptable to change.
• Adept at building strong relationships and collaborating with colleagues at all levels.
• Highly collaborative, self-motivated, and team-oriented.
• Effective communicator in both oral and written form.