Full Time, Exempt
Alert Innovation is looking for a seasoned and talented, hands-on Junior Mechanical Engineer to help develop our state-of-the-art robotic inventory management system. As a start-up company, it is not unusual for everyone to wear a different hat at different times. Working at Alert Innovation, the ideal candidate will not be hesitant to jump in and lend a hand as needed. As Mechanical Engineer, you will be part of an innovative team of engineers focused on developing industry-changing solutions.
- Design mechanical and mechatronic system of custom automation systems
- Work with electrical, systems, and safety teams to define mechanical design requirements
- Contributes to subsystem and component level design requirements through cross functional collaboration.
- Participate in the design meetings, the machine debug, power-up, and machine validation with the appropriate build, controls and power teams.
- Creation and management of highly detailed and functional 3D models and detail drawing
- Optimize designs via analytical, numerical and/or empirical assessments.
- Support the creation, development and release of component and system specifications.
- Create component and subsystem design verification plans and test methods, including generating ECOs
- Interface with suppliers for manufacturing feasibility and capability
- Knowledge of industrial automation components such as pneumatics, sensors, PLCs, VFDs, motors & drives, robots, and HMIs, power trains, machine design, technical drawing preparation, various manufacturing techniques, knowledge of materials specific to automation
- Familiar design capability for any or all of the following production processes: injection molding (plastics), extrusion (plastic or aluminum), metal stamping, castings, sheet metal and weldments
- Experience with cross functional team interaction (technical and non-technical)
- Excellent solid modeling skill, Solid works preferred,
- Knowledge of good drafting process per ASMEY14.5, working knowledge of GD&T
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- FEA (Finite Element Analysis)
- CFD/Flow analysis & thermal analysis
- Working knowledge of OMNIFY
EDUCATION/RELATIVE YEARS EXPERIENCE
- 0-2 years minimum of professional experience
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related subject, or equivalent experience and exceptional ability
- Robotics minor/major a plus
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.