We are currently seeking a Member Engagement Coordinator to join our Member Engagement team. We offer a friendly and collaborative work environment, professional growth and development opportunities, and the ability to maintain family and personal interests outside of work.
The Member Engagement Coordinator works to help the member experience at Employers Council and is dedicated to assisting members in order to provide a sustained membership value. The coordinator works with staff and members to provide a favorable membership experience. This is an hourly position that pays from $16.40 to $16.70 per hour. We would consider a remote relationship for the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Follow the Member Relations Plan
• Support staff with member onboarding, engagement, and retention
• Work with members having complex customer service issues to resolve those issues, applying Trusted Advisor principles
• Represent members by caring for and reassigning members
• Conduct quality assurance calls
• Assist with the delinquent process and cancellations
• Identify at risk members and work with staff to address
• Assist with Member Orientation events, live and via webinar
• Interact with every department to ensure member success & retention
• Use professional communication etiquette to answer a variety of inbound phone calls and chat feature interactions effectively and authentically
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, competently and in a timely manner. The individual must demonstrate initiative and the ability to be a problem solver, in what can be a fast paced environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree, or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong knowledge of MS Office
• Knowledge of SharePoint and Personify a plus, ability to work with organizational software a must
• Ability to complete multiple tasks accurately and in a timely manner
• Strong telephone communication skills
• Effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Organizational skills with great detail orientation
• Good interpersonal communication skills
• Must gain sufficient knowledge of Employers Council’s structure, policies and personnel to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
• Ability to solve practical problems associated with relevant departments and deal with a variety of variables in situations.
General office environment the majority of time. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Employers Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. Qualified applicants are provided an equal opportunity and selection decisions are based on job-related factors.