The AR/AP Specialist is an integral part and an essential member of the Finance Team. Works in a fast-paced environment but must be able to accept a structured work environment, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure. The AR/AP Specialist will assist the Controller with transactional and routine bookkeeping and accounting responsibilities including verifying, reviewing, and reconciling bills, posting, and documenting financial transactions. They will perform daily accounting tasks such as monthly financial reporting, general ledger entries, and record payments and adjustments.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Month-End Close (40%)
• Performs month-end close
• Prepares or reviews (depending on the delegation to staff) various month-end reconciliations.
• Reviews month-end results verse prior year and budget for variance or abnormalities
• Ensures timely entry of financial data to prepare and deliver month-end financials to the Director of Finance
• Input in Sage Biweekly payroll for all employees
• Enter Bank and Credit Card reconciliation After Senior Accounting approved it.
• Manage office supplies
Accounts Payable/Receivable (45%)
• Record and manage all A/P and A/R
• Receives bills and reviews for accuracy, disputes inaccurate charges, and processes approved bills for payment
• Matches up check payments to the corresponding bill(s) and mails payments to the appropriate payment address
• Receives and posts payments and works to resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner
• Prepares and makes bank deposits and records deposits into QuickBooks/Sage
• Receives expense receipts and processes reimbursements
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date financial reports and supporting records using an organized file system
• Keeps chart of accounts and customer/vendor lists accurate and up to date
• Assists with annual budget preparation and forecasting as needed.
• Strives for continual improvement in accounting and transactional processes.
• Assists with other duties or special projects as assigned by the Director of Finance.
• Meticulously keep Accurate records of financial transactions and maintain general ledger
• 3 years’ experience as an AR/AP Specialist (Required)
• 3-5 years combined experience in Nonprofit accounting, related industry accounting, or both (Required)
• Associates degree in accounting or related discipline (Bachelor's Degree Preferred)
• Computer literate with proficiency in QuickBooks, Sages Intacct, MS Office applications, Internet Explorer, and Windows.
SKILLS & CERTIFICATION
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to assist/train co-workers
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficient problem-solving skills
• Ability to effectively adapt to change
• Ability to thrive and excel in a growth environment
• Ability to lead as well as work on a team
• Knowledge of accounting principles, with strong analytical and organizational skills
• Keen attention to detail and thorough investigative skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Ability to multi-task and take initiative to identify outstanding tasks and see them through to completion