Job Title: Controller
Reports to: CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for the overall accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic and annual financial reports, cash management, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and preparation of budgets and forecast.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Manages day to day financial operations and daily cash activities including cash availability and borrowings.
- Analyzes and develops budgets and financial forecasts on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis.
- Overseas financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, 401(k) administration, budgeting, and administrative needs.
- Maintains current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Establishes strategic goals by gathering pertinent business, financial, service, and operations information; identifying and evaluating trends and options; choosing a course of action; defining objectives; evaluating outcomes.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements.
- Supervises the preparation and filings of income, sales and use tax returns to local, state, and federal agencies.
- Monitors the extension of credit to customers and vendor disbursements.
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Minimal supervision by CEO.
- Direct supervision of Accounting Specialist(s) and Assistant Controller.