We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Specialized Legal Services team. We offer a friendly and collaborative work environment, professional growth and development opportunities, and the ability to maintain family and personal interests outside of work. This is an hourly position that pays from $15.50 to $16.22 per hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assisting Attorneys with administrative tasks including but not limited to, answering phones, managing calendars, reserving rooms, booking travel, filing expense claims and stocking office supplies.
• Coordinating payment of invoices, credit card statements, and check requisitions.
• Preparing and maintaining attorney/staff folders, new member folders, case files, member files, office files and resource materials.
• Assisting members with Employers Council services, member inquiries, updating member information, training schedules, internet services and internal Employers Council operations.
• Assisting with research and special projects and completing ongoing regular projects, such as revisions to Collective Bargaining Agreements.
• Processing information and reports utilizing Employers Council’s client management systems.
• Coordinating events and training sessions to include securing locations, ordering required materials, preparing flyers and marketing materials, speaker confirmations, coordinating vendors, as well as assisting Attorney’s with preparation of materials.
• Performing receptionist responsibilities when receptionist is unavailable including directing member inquiries, assisting visitors, and assuming all other duties of front-desk receptionist.
• Preparing final investigations report, including attachments and sending to member contact or specified attorney
• Uploading investigations reports and documentation into ShareNet
• Corresponding with members and staff regarding investigations inquiries
• Capacity to multi-task and manage time effectively
• Ability to work well with others.
• Ability to solve practical problems associated with relevant departments and deal with a variety of variables in situations.
• Must gain sufficient knowledge of Employers Council’s structure, policies and personnel to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The individual must demonstrate initiative and the ability to be a problem solver, in what can be a fast paced environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma (or equivalent), post-secondary education preferred.
• Work-related experience in an office environment, preferably at least three years.
• Knowledge of fundamental administrative and clerical procedures, including but not limited to maintaining files, operating phone systems and general office equipment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Ability and willingness to master an array of skills associated with administrative duties.
• Ability to provide timely and accurate follow through on projects, Attorney, Member or Staff requests.
General office environment the majority of time. Occasional lifting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Employers Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. Qualified applicants are provided an equal opportunity and selection decisions are based on job-related factors.