NewMark Merrill Companies, Inc. creates an environment for talented, innovative team members to excel in their area of retail real estate expertise. All our divisions including accounting, acquisitions, leasing or marketing have an active voice in fostering ideas that benefit our centers, our communities and our tenants.
Recently named the 2nd fastest growing company in the San Fernando Valley, the 5th fastest growing private company in Los Angeles and one of Inc. Magazine's Top 5000 companies, NewMark Merrill is an established and reputable retail real estate firm. Our Chief Executive Officer, Sandy Sigal, was named the EY Entrepreneur of the Year in 2016 and has been the Real Estate Network Chair for YPO, the largest International Organization of CEO’s in the World.
It’s not just about the rankings. With 80 community shopping centers encompassing 10 million square feet of retail experiences throughout California, Colorado and Illinois, NewMark Merrill is a partner with the customers, communities and tenants we serve. By integrating our technology and retail assets, we can make data driven decisions about the leasing, shopping patterns and customer traffic that drives sales for our tenants and profitability at our centers. We build a bridge from bricks to clicks.
Beyond the statistics, our centers are designed and operated to create meaningful retail experiences. Through targeted leasing we create a tenant mix for each center that caters to its customers, enhances the community and adds value to the neighborhood. We support our neighborhoods through events, community outreach, and being exemplary corporate citizens. NewMark Merrill takes its commitment to supporting surrounding the communities seriously. Our efforts include adopting local charities and helping them raise funds for their causes. We provide them with space to hold events and fundraisers. We provide many opportunities for our team members to participate in activities that support our communities.
The mission of NewMark Merrill Companies is to connect with our customers through community leadership and support, to create authentic environments in which our tenants have an unsurpassed opportunity to achieve the American dream, and to proudly share passion and knowledge with our team members, to inspire opportunity through creativity and imagination
At NewMark Merrill Companies, the Property & Operations Analyst position performs financial analysis, development of pro forma financial statements, industry analysis and the application of statistics in a business framework. The Analyst will primarily support the Executives in the following duties:
• Provides analysis of due diligence for real estate investments, loans and abstracting of leases.
• Performs quantitative analysis of operational and financial data.
• Prepares financial reports for internal use at the company by collecting, analyzing, formatting and presenting information.
• Develops financial models to support valuation, planning and forecasting.
• Assists with financial analysis and evaluation of new projects and investments.
• Performs ad hoc analysis for executives as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Real Estate or Economics and 1-3 years of experience
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
• Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
• A high level of proficiency in Excel
• Team oriented and flexible with the ability to work well under pressure