A Service Technician is responsible for providing service, installations and upgrades of building automation systems. The technician may also respond to service requests and emergencies as assigned and is expected to maintain positive customer relationships.
- Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to service agreement contracts. Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
- Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
- Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs. Works with engineering group to create and/or verify point database; creates/reviews job specific programming via computer for various control systems.
- Verifies point database and programming operations are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and resolves inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed; drives issues to resolution. Sets up and configures PC workstations, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirm proper network performance.
- May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
- Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch.
- Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
- Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly.
- If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
- Works with other team member, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem
- Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs
- Completes and submits written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
- Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion. Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines
- Responds to customer service calls (emergency, onsite, or online), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components. Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action and repairs system.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or 1-2 years of vocational/technical training.
- The following automation systems training and experience is preferred:
o Siemens Talon
o Honeywell WEBs
o Niagara R2
o Niagara AX
o Niagara N4
o Invensys I/A Series
o Barber Coleman Network 8000
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years engineer/service experience working with DDC (direct digital controls) required.
- Knowledge of automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations
- Skilled in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relations required.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be able to pass a background check.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Salary description: Salary + Benefits
Employment Status: Full Time
Parallel Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.