Meets or exceeds established production goals by originating mortgage loan applications and developing lending relationships with Realtors, builders, developers and other sources of loan referrals.
· Develops lending relationships with Realtors, builders, developers and other sources of loan referrals.
· Takes mortgage loan applications and request required documentation.
· Communicates with customers regarding loan process and status during processing.
· Submits loan package to mortgage support for processing and attends loan closings.
· Mentors other Loan Officers by providing training and support with emphasis on sales, the origination process and loan
· Upholds customer satisfaction by supporting external and internal customers and answering questions/request in a timely manner.
· Complies with bank procedures and follows regulatory, operational and security guidelines.
· Works with financial center staff to develop both deposit and lending relationships to maximize cross-selling opportunities.
· Represents the bank in local community by participating in civic and community events.
· Attends various committee meetings and planning sessions as needed.
· Stays current with industry knowledge and regulations by completing training sessions as scheduled.
· Contributes to the team effort by working on special projects/reports, performing other job-related duties and accomplishing related results.
· Actively pursues business development opportunities within market and consistently establishes new profitable customer relationships as evidenced by meeting individual production sales goals.
· Is actively involved in the community and finds ways to leverage those relationships into networking opportunities that result in new business as evidenced by sales reports.
· Demonstrates excellent customer service, both in person and on phone, as evidenced by positive reports or minimal complaints from clients and management observation.
· Responds to requests and/or questions within a 24-hour turnaround.
· Sets the standards for staff on professionalism, customer service, teamwork and attendance as evidenced by management observations.
· Talking--Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
· Hearing—Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
· Seeing—Ability to view a computer screen for an extended period of time and/or identify individuals visually.
· Walking—Ability to use feet and legs to move from one place to another specifically in narrow/confined spaces.
· Finger dexterity—Ability to work with fingers for handling documents and use a keyboard.
· Driving—Ability to travel to various/multiple locations or client sites.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Associates Degree in related field or equivalent work experience required.
· Strong sales ability or aptitude with a proven track record and 3 years successful mortgage origination experience required.
· Must have a professional, business-like appearance, with excellent communication and presentation abilities.
· Motivation and initiative are essential, along with skills in organization and flexibility in scheduling.
· Must be able to monitor loan packages to closing and travel to develop a customer base.
· Must be able to deal with individuals in a tactful congenial and personal manner as not to alienate or antagonize them.
· Able to use and/or learn industry related software specific to Liberty and the department and to utilize standard business related software is required, Microsoft Office preferred.