Position Description: Functions as productive team player in the kitchen to ensure an efficient and productive work environment to meet customer demand. Prepares cold food items and assists with pastries.
Essential Job Functions:
• Maintains a high degree of cleanliness throughout the work area including reach-in and walk-in boxes.
• Prepare Salads, Appetizers, Fruits, Pastry and Bread items, Dressings, Cold Dishes in a consistent and creative manner to maintain quality standards.
• Assist with Banquets and Special Event production and prep.
• Assists all kitchen associates in service and pre-food preparation.
• Assist as to the deposition of left over food items.
• Checks supplies of needed food items and notifies manager of any shortages of items to be produced on a given day.
• Adheres to and assists other associates in maintaining proper food safety, sanitation, and accident prevention.
• Performs additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Promote the Seabrook Island Club’s mission to be a superior private club. Adhere to standards set by the Seabrook Island Club.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Must have working knowledge of basic cold food preparation and sanitation
standards as well as the operation of kitchen equipment. Cold food preparation
Skills: Good communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Equipment to be used: Knowledge of all food service Equipment and Cutlery.
Typical Physical Demands: Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office, retail, and culinary equipment. Requires ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time. Requires bending, stooping, and reaching. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Requires ability to lift up to 30lbs.