Contessa offers a unique opportunity for individuals interested in being part of a fast-paced, growth culture at an organization leading the country in redefining care delivery for patients that would otherwise be treated in a hospital setting. This role is ideal for candidates that enjoy strategic thinking that will directly inform Contessa’s business development strategy and subsequently the number of patients’ lives we are able to impact as we redefine the way care is provided.
About the Role
Contessa’s Growth and Development team is accountable for driving Contessa’s business growth by establishing partnerships with the nation’s leading health systems and health plans. Our ambition is to position Contessa as the nation’s leading provider of high acuity care in the home. The Senior Manager, Business Development position is a critical member of this team and will play a key role in the advancement of new market opportunities.
The role will require creativity, collaboration, quick-thinking, and flexibility to support complex business development processes from initial outreach through closing new partnerships. The Senior Manager, BD will passionately promote Contessa’s mission and value story to existing and prospective contacts, clients and business partners and will directly interface with various functional areas of the company to support the strategic, financial, operational, and clinical growth initiatives.
This is a high-profile role that will have significant visibility and engagement with Contessa’s Executive Leadership. As part of a rapidly growing company, this position will have a high impact on the business and significant potential for professional growth and development. Above all else, the right candidate will reflect Contessa’s values of compliance, humility, trust, relentlessness, and honor.
- Interact with leading payer, hospital and provider decision-makers to secure new business and maximize the value delivered by Contessa.
- Develop BD project plans, timelines, and status reports; communicate with all applicable team members in and outside of Contessa.
- Identify/evaluate financial feasibility of prospective business opportunities by developing financial models for new joint ventures based on customer capabilities and market specific dynamics.
- Facilitate meetings with potential clients, partners and internal executive teams that include presenting clinical service line strategies, strategic alternatives and financial outcomes.
- Engage with team members to drive the commercial diligence process forward and advance opportunity pursuits.
- Work with BD team to develop best-in-class presentation materials that clearly communicate Contessa’s expertise, experience and value proposition.
- Coordinate with appropriate resources to facilitate completion of necessary legal and financial agreements.
- Take on and lead special projects integral to the ongoing growth and success of the business.
- As needed, escalate issues to appropriate audiences including key business leaders and team members.
- BA/BS degree required; emphasis or a degree in a business-related field
- 3-5+ years of working experience in the healthcare industry
- Experience preparing and delivering internal and external facing presentations and reports in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Proven ability to produce high quality work products
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships within a company
- Experience in healthcare consulting, investment banking, or private equity
- Experience working in an early stage healthcare organization
- Experience evaluating financial data and preparing financial models, reports, and analyses
- Excellent verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of complex topics.
- Strong business acumen, with proven ability to leverage knowledge base to quickly come up to speed in new business areas and new types of projects.
- Ability to consistently communicate with teammates; open to opinions and feedback from team members and follows through on commitments.
- Team player with proven ability to foster and manage working relationships within a matrix environment to drive results.
- Prioritize demands from multiple clients and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
Our team members are our greatest asset. That’s why you’ll find that Contessa has built a culture around trust, open communication, and a unified desire to change the way healthcare is being delivered. It’s important to us that you like your job, are motivated by the work you do every day and feel supported by leadership. Contessa offers a generous compensation and benefits package, a strong belief in a healthy work-life balance and great opportunities for career growth.