The Florida Parishes Juvenile Detention Center has an immediate opening for full-time Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Clerk! Come join our award-winning team! Visit www.fpjdc.org for more information.
Nature of Work:
Performs routine accounting tasks such as accounts payable and receivable, reconciliation of credit card statements, and maintains accurate financial records. Reviews and processes for payment purchase orders, invoices, statements, vouchers, and/or other check requests. Draws, verifies, and posts payment checks, and prepares ledger entries. Handles the resolution of account discrepancies and procedural inquiries. Responsible for the prompt payment of vendors and the maintenance of accurate and timely records of expenditures within the budget. Prepares and maintains all supporting documents and distributes reports as directed.
Maintains inventory of office supplies and materials for the Center. Monitors reorder points, orders supplies through existing vendor accounts and reconciles with monthly billing statements.
This position reports to the Director of Facilities and works closely with the Executive Director and the agency CPA.
The salary range for this role is $16.34 - $20.47 per hour.
Illustrative Examples of Work:
• Maintains and balances the general ledger in an accurate, complete, and up-to-date manner
• Performs all activities related to the accounts payable function including reviewing, coding, and processing timely payments
• Performs account receivable functions including invoicing, deposits, collections, and revenue recognition
• Receives and reviews purchase orders, check requests, and/or related documentation for completeness and compliance with existing financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements
• Matches original invoices and requests for payment with internal purchase orders/purchase requisitions or check requests; performs calculations to determine appropriate payment schedules and amounts, and makes modifications as necessary
• Codes, verifies, and electronically enters accounts payable data into accounting software and processes invoices for payment
• Follows up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts, and serves as liaison between departments and vendors in the resolution of administrative problems and inquiries
• Maintains historical records by filing/storing all financial related documents
• Prepares and assists with annual financial audits
• Conducts reconciliation of all accounts on an as needed basis
• Monitors and maintains current inventory levels of office supplies for the Center through procurement, utilizing existing vendor accounts; processes purchasing orders as required; tracks orders and investigates problems
• Receives, unpacks, and delivers goods to appropriate departments/personnel
• Performs routine clerical duties, including data entry, answering telephones, and assisting Center staff
• May serve as cashier and handle cash and cash-related payments
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Necessary Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
• Knowledge of accounting software systems (Quickbooks preferred)
• Ability to make accurate arithmetic calculations
• Ability to type with speed and accuracy
• Ability to maintain moderately complex and automated accounting records in an orderly and accurate manner
• Ability to work accurately and quickly under operational deadlines
• Ability to deal with vendors, clients and staff in an efficient and professional manner
• Ability to generate specialized computer reports and schedules with minimum direction
• Ability to operate computer hardware and to work with software applications
• Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work in order to ensure compliance with applicable standards
• Database management skills
• Clerical, word processing, and/or office skills
• Ability to analyze and solve problems
• Communication skills – ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, in writing and verbally
• Interpersonal skills – cooperative, courteous, flexible, good natured, and concerned with being helpful and making a good impression
• Effective work skills – conscientious, persistent, resourceful, productive and active
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
It is also anticipated that some stress will be associated with this position primarily due to deadlines and irregular work flow. It is necessary that the individual have the capacity to remain calm, considerate and tactful.
Must exercise a high level of confidentiality in handling Center financial information.
Desirable Training and Experience:
FPJDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FPJDC does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, or any other protected factor.
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for employment with FPJDC:
-be at least 18 years of age
-have a high school diploma or GED.
Candidates MUST successfully complete all pre-employment requirements, as listed at FPDJC.org. These include:
-Criminal Background Check
-Drug and Health Screen
-DCFS's Child Abuse and Neglect System screen