Candidate shall have five years of DoD POL construction-related management experience within the last five years, and three consecutive years of on-site experience at proposed role within the last five years. Per the terms of our Client’s contract, prior experience does not include commercial construction experience nor military experience as POL or LFM/WFSM. Ideally, experience will include installation of piping & valves, mechanical repairs or upgrades, tank construction or repair, application of MIL DTL 24441 coatings, API & SSPC inspections, commissioning of POL systems, and/or related repairs. Functional expertise and broad business knowledge in tank inspection, cleaning, and repair as well as fuel facility related piping systems are desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Supervise trade workers and/or subcontractors onsite to ensure safe, efficient, quality completion of projects on time and within budget
- Responsible for safety onsite
- Plan and continuously monitor the work schedule, determining manpower levels, material quantities, and equipment requirements
- Monitor work performance and productivity of trades to ensure project specifications, procedures, quality, and safety requirements are maintained
- Manage onsite meetings and distribute schedule updates and meeting minutes
- Complete daily project documentation requirements including tailgate meetings, production reports, photo logs, etc.
- Advise Project Management team of potential problems, work interference, and schedule difficulties; assist in avoidance and resolution of these matters
- Maintain liaison with other departments to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support project activities and schedule
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Experience, Education, & Skills
- Contractual mandates for a person filling this position (non-negotiable):
- Must have five (5) years of DoD POL construction-related management experience within the last five (5) years, not including any prior commercial or military experience.
- Must have three (3) consecutive years of on-site experience as a POL Site Superintendent within the last five (5) years.
- Must have or be able to obtain the following certifications:
- OSHA 30 Hour Training Certificate (no more than 5 years old)
- Confined Space Competent Person Certificate
- Current CPR & AED Certificate
- Must meet the eligibility requirements for access to US Government facilities.
- This position does not require active security clearance.
- Associate’s degree Construction Management, Engineering, or a High School Diploma or GED with equivalent on-the-job experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must professionally represent the company verbally, in writing, and in person to clients, associates, and all others that may have contact with
- Ability to make informed decisions and take responsibility for the outcomes. Willingness to embrace personal and professional development
- Ability to effectively work with a team to achieve project goals
- Knowledge of POL-related and general construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, and thorough understanding of construction documents
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants meeting the requirements of our Client’s contract will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.