Palomar Holdings, Inc. (“Palomar”) is the ultimate parent and insurance holding company of its operating subsidiaries. Palomar is an innovative insurer and managing general agency that focuses on the provision of specialty property insurance for residential and commercial clients. Palomar’s underwriting and analytical acumen allow it to concentrate on certain markets that it believes are underserved by other insurance companies, such as the markets for earthquake, wind, and flood insurance.
Palomar is a growing insurance provider that is building an extraordinary business around an exceptional team of employees. As a result, we are seeking both experienced professionals and recent college graduates who are up to the challenge of helping us build a unique brand in the insurance business. If you are looking to thrive in a dynamic work environment where your contributions will be recognized and rewarded, we would like to talk to you about joining our collaborative, energetic, and hard-working team.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.palomarspecialty.com. No phone calls or agency solicitation please. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Palomar, we are committed to safeguarding the health and well-being of our employees, customers, partners, suppliers, and job candidates. We are actively monitoring the situation related to COVID-19 and are continuing to hire qualified candidates to better serve our customers. To ensure your safety as a job candidate and compliance with our COVID-19 protocols and recommendations/guidelines from the CDC, State and Local Health Officials, we may be relying on virtual interviewing and other digital communications. Our recruiting team is committed to providing the support you need throughout the hiring and onboarding process. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility during this time.
We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Reports Developer
Primary Location: La Jolla, CA, Minneapolis, MN, or Remote
Schedule: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
• Palomar is seeking a SQL Reports Developer for a permanent position within a growing, dynamic organization. This Developer will be responsible for development consisting of SSRS along with professional database design, development and maintenance of SQL Server. Candidates located in MN, CA, CO, TX or WA states are preferred.
• The right candidate will be proficient in SQL Server 2019 & earlier versions, and be a crucial partner in developing financial and analytical reporting within Insurance business groups. Have experience with SSRS/SSIS/SSAS This individual will be working within the enterprise technology group and will partner with internal business divisions such as the Accounting and Finance teams to develop informative business reporting that will drive strategic decisions for products and vendor partnerships. Reporting platforms; SSRS, SSAS, SSRS, Tableau.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties include but are not limited to:
• Within an Agile Environment this individual will be responsible for requirements review, developing and implementing, maintaining dashboards, visualizations, and reports primarily based within SQL systems. Will prioritize company needs and project requirements, manage and maintain the scheduling and delivery of reoccurring reports and data extracts, will help manage self service solutions for end users and will work with other systems and tools such as Tableau, Pega and Java framework.
Requirements/Professional Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience writing complex stored procedures using either embedded and interactive SQL.
• Experience with Creation of Stored procedures, Triggers, tables, User defined Functions, Views, SQL joins and performance-based query writing.
• Maintain coding standards while implementing complex stored procedures and views.
• Normalizing and de-normalizing tables
• SQL query optimization techniques, debugging SQL commands
• Experience in database management techniques including backup/restore, import/export and script generation.
• Experience working with import and export data (Dev. to QA, QA to prod.)
• Knowledge of SQL Server configuration.
• Create and schedule complex SSIS packages for transferring data from multiple sources into SQL Server, Access and Excel by using SSIS and DTS utility of SQL Server and designing reports layout, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Experienced in generating various reports like drill down, drill through, Sub reports, and Parameterized reports using SSRS.
• Expertise in Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data utilizing SSIS creating mappings/workflows to extract data from SQL Server, Excel file, other databases and Flat File sources and load
• Skilled in using MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
• Knowledge of data architecture concepts
• Cloud based Specific Azure SQL Database experience
• Jenkins or java reporting tool experience such as Jasper
• Pega platform knowledge
Compensation and Benefits:
Palomar offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes but is not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, Company-paid Life and AD&D Insurance, Company-Paid Long Term Disability benefits, Annual and Long-Term Financial Incentives, 401(k) Retirement Plan (with Company-paid Contributions), Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Professional Development Assistance, Paid Parking and more.
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
Palomar is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement to all qualified individuals, regardless of race (including traits associated with race), color, creed, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, genetic information or characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other consideration or characteristic made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.