As a leading 3PL for 15+ years, we have the resources and know-how to manage the pick-up and delivery of product over the ocean, air and land no matter if it is international or domestic. Jillamy offers a full complement of freight forwarding solutions; including a customs brokerage as well as logistics, packaging and warehousing services. A fully-integrated transportation service network excelling in fulfilling our customers’ unique contract packaging, warehousing, shipping needs and capacity requirements, while ensuring reasonable costs and reliable deliveries. We have a warehouse footprint of over 1,000,000 square feet strategically located to major markets. Our food grade warehouses perform pick/pack, kitting, bagging, blister sealing, and provide cross dock capabilities. We offer a team-based environment that encourages leadership and resourcefulness, and rewards the “roll-up-your-sleeves, let’s get the job done” attitude.
This position is responsible to classify, analyze, research and assign all import products using Harmonized Tariff System.
- Classify all imported products for a large retail firm using the Harmonized Tariff System.
- Analyze, research and assign the appropriate HTS.
- Knowledge of the Sections 301 China tariff and exemption classifications.
- Maintain client part databases within our system including product description, SKU#s, and classifications.
- Review tariff codes for Partner Government Agency flags.
- Review and vet all import shipment documentation for accuracy.
- Work with vendors to obtain all proper information in order to clear import shipments.
- Respond promptly and professionally to client, client vendors and buyer’s e-mails/calls on classification and duty rates questions.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Follows policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required.
- Customs Broker License preferred.
- Three (3) years import classification experience in household goods preferred.
- Proficiency with Harmonized Tariff System (HTS) required.
- Team-player who prides themselves on providing stellar customer service.
- Willing to take on assignments with a “can-do” attitude.
- Strong verbal communication skills – comfortable with public speaking/presentations.
- Demonstrated writing skills.
- Proficient or advanced in all Microsoft products, including Outlook, Excel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required with internal and external stakeholders.
- Sharp attention to detail including accurate data and numbers.
- Ability to organize/prioritize work in order to productively and efficiently meet deadlines.
- Professional presence with the ability to diffuse difficult situations and problem solve effective solutions.
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Generous competitive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx plans, Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurances, 401(k) plan with Employer Match, Voluntary Term Life/AD&D, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Direct Deposit, Annual Reviews, etc.
Interested candidates should apply online at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/List/4919/Jillamy-Inc for immediate consideration. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.jillamy.com.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, non-job related handicap or disability or veteran status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise Jillamy, Inc. Human Resources Department.