(Regular, Full-time, Non-Exempt Position)
Annual Salary Range: $43,000.00 - $58,000.00, Depending on Qualifications
How to apply: Using the “apply” button on this page, please complete the required online application, upload a resume and a list of three professional references with full contact information. For general questions about the position, contact Unique Hiram at (785) 587-2447 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible for all phases of payroll processing.
- Compile, calculate, and process accurate payroll for approximately 425 or more full- and part-time City employees and up to 500 seasonal employees.
- Conduct pre-payroll and post-payroll audits to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Verify entry of all hours worked, overtime hours, leave and benefit hours in accordance with City policies and other regulatory laws.
- Interfaces with supervisors and managers to assure compliance with Payroll policies and procedures related to work assignments.
- Calculate pay adjustments and payoffs in accordance with established City policy and procedures and other regulatory laws.
- Manage Workers’ Compensation payroll entry and verify with Benefits Specialist.
- Prepare, verify, and file all necessary documentation with the applicable agencies in a timely manner to ensure compliance with all federal and state regulations and avoid penalties/late charges.
- Manage garnishment process in accordance with established City policy and procedures and other regulatory laws.
- Research any payroll issues and effect problem resolution where necessary.
- Prepare payroll remittances, submit to Finance, and reconcile payroll accounts.
- Administer and suggest updates to internal controls for payroll.
- Develops and runs Human Capital Management System (HCM) reports. Maintains payroll records as well as prepares monthly and annual reports.
- Provides back-up technical support to the HR and Finance Teams and others as assigned.
- Coordinate people budgets with Budget Officer.
- Coordinate the dissemination of employee time and labor records for all departments.
- Prepare periodic and yearly governmental surveys as required.
- Verifies and documents procedures.
- Display creativity by developing new and streamlined methods of accomplishing assigned tasks.