U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting athletes, and serving fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
We’re looking for an experienced creative to help build, lead and inspire a team of designers and creators within U.S. Soccer’s newly formed creative suite. This person will be responsible for bringing U.S. Soccer’s brand to life through visual storytelling. As part of a passionate team of creative problem solvers, you will manage creative development (concept through to execution) aligned with U.S. Soccer’s Brand strategy and standards to define the voice of our brand and help U.S. Soccer achieve our mission of becoming the preeminent sport in the U.S.
The position will require a solutions-oriented individual who has the capacity to ideate and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, who thinks on their feet and operates quickly in the fast-moving environment of international soccer. This is someone who aspires to creative excellence and will help lead the organization in pursuit of creative, brand and business goals.
The right candidate will have excellent project management skills and experience leading and optimizing creative development processes, prioritizing workloads and projects. This person will have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills – gaining an understanding of requests, anticipating needs, setting expectations and clearly communicating feedback. They will have the ability to establish strong working relationships with internal/external teams and building trust, while managing multiple work-streams with competing priorities.
• Responsible for the creation and development of all U.S. Soccer creative assets across the marketing mix to ensure brand and business goals are met
• Champion and steward the development, expression and implementation of U.S. Soccer’s brand and brand narratives within the organization and externally in the marketplace
• Manage internal creative resources and external agency partners to ensure projects are completed at the highest quality, on budget, and on-schedule
• Build and foster development U.S. Soccer’s newly established creative department
• 7+ years brand creative and design experience. At least 3 years managing creative teams or designers.
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe After Effects or Adobe Premiere.
• A portfolio featuring a wide range of creative demonstrating a solid understanding of brand, diversity of ideas, and approaches to problem solving.
• Experience leading teams on multiple projects with varying timelines and various stakeholders. Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to inspire and cultivate audience and brand led creative with the big-picture consumer journey in mind.
• Presents information concisely and accurately, with keen attention to detail.
• Exceptional communication and listening skills. Being able to give feedback in an effective, efficient and respectful manner is a must.
• Excellent understanding of digital best practices (website, app and social media). Event branding experience is a plus.
• Strong collaboration skills. Ability to work up, down and across functional areas.
• Proficient with Asana (or other project management tool), PowerPoint and Keynote
• Must be willing to travel and work unconventional hours for competitions and events
• Must reside or be willing to relocate to Chicago by April, 2021
• Demonstrates a genuine desire and passion to contribute to the growth of soccer in the U.S.
• Ability to unlock and apply audience insights through qualitative and quantitative data to inform brand and creative development
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
• Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
• Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
• Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
• Open to criticism and does not make excuses
• Possess a tireless work ethic
• Wants to be part of a team that wins
• Has the ability to be firm but fair
• Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
• Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills