This position is working for the Division of Arts and Culture and West Valley Arts and Cultural Foundation (collectively, West Valley Arts), and may be stationed at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center and West Valley Performing Arts Center depending on need. This is a part-time position that requires a flexible work schedule throughout the week and weekends, especially during events. Start and stop times will vary from week to week depending on what events and performances have been scheduled. This position may be responsible for the direct supervision of events hosted at either facility but primarily will work in operation of the concessions stands and cashiering. You may also be required to work at multiple sites doing various duties on a single day.
Starting Pay: $7:50 per hour
Schedule: Part-Time, 20 hours per week
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform various duties on a shift to shift basis for West Valley Arts including but not limited to box office ticket sales, cashiering, event supervision, and light cleaning
- Operate box office ticketing software, cashier, dispense and/or collect and scan tickets, and ushering prior to showtime as needed
- Assist the Front of House Supervisor in gathering ticketing and demographic information, sales reporting, and client & sponsorship management as needed
- Under the direction of the Front of House Supervisor, gather concessions reports, sales reports, demographic reporting as needed
- Greet host (on-site contact), sponsor, or VIPs for assigned events/performances and ensure proper contact throughout the guest’s stay. Maintain good relationships with caterers, event planners, the production team, artists, and other vendors
- Address any issues, problems, or changes in a positive, polite, and professional manner
- Prepares entries in an event log detailing feedback of guests. Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged thefts
- Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all West Valley Arts guests, artists, and vendors
- Attends pre or post service meetings and other meetings as required by management
- Implements and maintains West Valley Arts and West Valley City policies and procedures
- Commitment to working effectively in a team environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to obtain a driver’s license and have adequate access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to communicate (read, write, and converse) effectively in English and follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to work with little or no direct supervision.
- Ability to switch between positions as needed during shifts.
- Excellent hospitality skills.
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, under short time constraints and within established deadlines.
Education and/or Experience
Must have a high school certificate of graduation (or equivalency).
• Experience using OvationTix software
• Experience in events, hospitality, performing arts, or similar industry.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
• Bi-lingual (Spanish or other)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to perform various activities such as constant standing, walking, frequent bending, reaching, kneeling, squatting, and moving items such as tables, chairs, display items, & event related equipment.
- Ability to work in a noisy environment.
- Ability to work well around many people.