At M+A, we work together every day toward our mission of enriching lives through innovative design. Our core values guide our motivation to perform and excel as a team. Working for our firm, you will join a team of over 80 passionate professionals, banded together by a dedication to design and a commitment to community. We are thought leaders, always seeking to leverage our expertise to enhance communities and elevate human experiences. Our company culture is genuine and supportive, built on a foundation of strong relationships, shared passion for great design, and a penchant for fun.
If you are a dynamic, innovative, and driven team player, we’d love to talk.
M+A Architects is hiring a Project Manager who is interested in a potential leadership growth track for our Columbus office. In this role, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of architecture projects from beginning to completion in the Commercial sector. You will be expected to have an aptitude for developing clients, leading peers and an interest in developing and mentoring junior staff with the potential for progressively increasing managerial responsibilities.
What you will do:
- Develop and manage project schedules, budgets, and scope of work and serve as primary client liaison and manager.
- Assist studio director and other office leadership with various administrative and management-oriented tasks.
- Manage project lifecycle and lead production team through the entire architectural process from early site analysis through project close out, including all administrative and technical tasks and assignments.
- Provide guidance and support to client, project consultants, and in-house production team.
- Communicate and coordinate with clients, consultants, and all in-house team members, including Senior Project Manager and/or Principal in Charge of the project.
- Provide creative input and solutions for detail designs.
- Manage and directly participate in the production of a complete set of construction documents with Project Coordinators & Project Captains, from the schematic design phase through construction administration.
- Schedule production activities and staffing in alignment with available project hours.
- Review drawings, specifications and other project documents before issuance; facilitate intermittent and final review by the Principal-in-Charge of the project and the Quality Assurance Director prior to issuance of stamped documents.
- Attend and/or lead construction job site meetings.
What you bring to the table:
- A minimum of 10 years experience as a Project Manager in an architecture firm
- Strong Leadership skills
- B.Arch from an accredited program; M.Arch and Registered Architect preferred
- Experience leading or managing a team
- Understanding of fee negotiation requirements and considerations
- Understanding of A/E professional services contract terms, in general and as it relates to specific projects
- Understanding of overall consultant team resources required to execute studio projects; strong resources and relationships with appropriate consultant partners
- Solid knowledge of construction materials and methods including sustainable solutions.
- Understanding of appropriate industry technologies and software as well as contractor, client-specific, and construction management driven software as required
- High level of proficiency with AutoCAD/Revit
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- High level of proficiency in building code as applicable to each project
- Strong problem solving skills, communication skills, leadership skills, and mentorship skills.
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines
- Positive attitude in line with M+A core values
Why choose M+A?
Research led, and insight driven, we pride ourselves on hiring the best in the industry, giving them the freedom to explore and design as they create space for change.
With firm differentiators like our in-house Research + Innovation team, Futurist, Sustainability services, Experiential Design, behavioral psychology and anthropology based podcast - M+Ake It Innovative, and M+A Productions, we continue to explore new opportunities as we stay committed to finding the design solutions and strategies that set our clients up for success for now, and what’s next.
By joining M+A, you will find yourself fulfilled from your work, driven by your passion in purpose, a part of a culture of collaboration, and a place where you belong, as together we work to design the future of our communities, and beyond.
In addition, we offer the following benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive benefits package including a choice of two health insurance plans, plus vision and dental; options for HSA, HRA, and FSA; opportunities for life insurance, disability, critical illness, and accident coverage
- Leadership opportunities
- Paid time off (PTO) bank merges sick, vacation, and personal time, which allows you to the flexibility to use your paid time off as you see fit
- Seven paid holidays and two half-day paid holidays
- 401(k) profit sharing plan and retirement savings advising
- Impromptu get-togethers
- Workstation flexibility, including a cafe space, hoteling stations, and standing desk compatibility
- Flexible Schedule
- Ample opportunities for community engagement with our CSR partners
- Casual atmosphere with a supportive and collaborative team
- Always Passionate
- Give More Than You Get
- Relentlessly Innovative
- Stronger Together
- Energetically Optimistic
- Get Comfortable With Being Uncomfortable
- Treat Others As They Want To Be Treated
M+A Architects provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, M+A Architects complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
M+A Architects expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of M+A Architects' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.