Palomar Holdings, Inc. (“Palomar”) is the ultimate parent and insurance holding company of its operating subsidiaries. Palomar is an innovative insurer that focuses on the provision of specialty property insurance for residential and commercial clients. Palomar’s underwriting and analytical acumen allow it to concentrate on certain markets that it believes are underserved by other insurance companies, such as the markets for earthquake, wind and flood insurance.
Palomar is a growing insurance provider that is building an extraordinary business around an exceptional team of employees. As a result, we are seeking both experienced professionals and recent college graduates who are up to the challenge of helping us build a unique brand in the insurance business. If you are looking to thrive in a dynamic work environment where your contributions will be recognized and rewarded, we would like to talk to you about joining our collaborative, energetic, and hard-working team.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.palomarspecialty.com. No phone calls or agency solicitation please. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Palomar, we are committed to safeguarding the health and well-being of our employees, customers, partners, suppliers and job candidates. We are actively monitoring the situation related to COVID-19 and are continuing to hire qualified candidates to better serve our customers. To ensure your safety as a job candidate and compliance with our COVID-19 protocols and recommendations/guidelines from the CDC, State and Local Health Officials, we may be relying on virtual interviewing and other digital communications. Our recruiting team is committed to providing the support you need throughout the hiring and onboarding process. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility during this time.
We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Operations Specialist
Primary Location: La Jolla, Ca
Schedule: Full Time
Overtime Status: Non-Exempt
Job ID Number: N/A
The Operations Specialist will report directly to the Vice President of Operations at a growing publicly traded insurance company based in La Jolla, California. Founded in 2014, Palomar Specialty has established itself as an industry leader in the specialty insurance marketplace while establishing a strong work culture bred from our roots as a startup. The ideal candidate would be joining a dynamic work environment to drive initiatives and serve primarily as internal support staff for the Operations department. The candidate should be a self-starter and a highly organized individual with strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail. Working within Operations will allow the candidate to learn about other roles within the company – including but not limited to Accounting, Marketing, Product/Business Teams, Technology, and Underwriting– while accomplishing specific projects and job responsibilities, leading to strong professional growth opportunities.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties include but are not limited to:
• Primary help desk employee to set up new users and agents to company management system
• Regulatory review and appointment/renewal of agent licenses by state through NIPR
• Organize and maintain SharePoint library for agency and regulatory information
• Conduct regular audits of agency management / setup process as required for SOX
• Conduct regular audits of applications on systems for all products
• Review and manage invoicing for agency bill commissions for Residential Earthquake
• Liaison for compliance regarding OFAC
• Maintain monitoring of reinsurance treaties and contracts, specifically facultative reinsurance purchases
• Data reporting, metrics and analytics for major partnerships
• Additional duties as they arise related to E&S division including product research & development and filing of rates and forms through SERF
• Other special projects as assigned by the Vice President of Operations
Education Requirements/Professional Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 1-3 Years of industry experience or Operational experience
• Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Outlook, and Teams (Access and SQL a plus)
• Critical Thinking
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.