3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic is a community-based agency providing youth in the Bayview Hunters Point with medical and behavioral health services that encourage them to make decisions that support their health, safety, and development. 3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic also manages a number of successful Transitional Age Youth (TAY) housing stabilization programs and one of the city’s few Youth Access Points.
The Navigation Center provides a safe and affirming place for TAY and services to stabilize and achieve their housing goals. The Navigation Center systems of support work in concert to assist TAY residents with public benefits, health services, problem-solving, and housing, as available. The Navigation Center model is a low barrier, harm reduction model.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Site Director is a key position and is responsible for running and operationalizing the 3rd Street TAY Navigation Center. This position provides direct supervision to supervisors and indirect staff supervision. The Site Manager is a leadership position responsible for overall operations, staff management, and delivery of services while ensuring adherence to Navigation Center policies.
- Oversight of daily operations of the Navigation Center.
- Ensure quality provision of all direct services. Maintain focus on client needs, client satisfaction, and a results-driven approach.
- Promptly and effectively address critical and emergency situations. Use problem-solving for difficult issues and situations.
- Motivate staff by providing leadership, guidance, and constructive feedback.
- Oversee and implement the policies and procedures of the Navigation Center.
- Ensure that the shelter training manual is adhered to and understood by all staff.
- Supervise key staff including setting performance goals, monitoring performance, and resolving problems.
- Ensure consistent provision of all services including the One Entry System.
- Maintain and compile statistical data for reports.
- Screen, interview, hire, and orient new employees.
- Lead Navigation Center staff meetings and communicate essential information from upper management.
- Participate in appropriate ongoing staff development and training.
- Oversee all facilities, including maintenance and upkeep staff.
- Work evening and weekend shifts to meet program needs.
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
- Two years of experience working with the diversity of the homeless population, particularly with unhoused persons living on the streets of San Francisco.
- Prior work experience with homelessness issues, preferably in shelter management and/or direct services.
- Minimum of two years' supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict and resolve problems.
- Knowledge of community agencies and networking.
- Ability to de-escalate crisis situations and make decisions under pressure.
- Sensitivity to the needs of diverse ethnic and cultural populations.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with staff, volunteers, and clients.
- Growth-oriented team player.
- Complies with and supports the overall mission, core values, and vision of 3rd Street Youth Center & Clinic
- BA/BS degree in Social Services, Business Management, or related field.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
3rd Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records.