The Content Medical Information Specialist is a professional with scientific, clinical and therapeutic area expertise responsible for providing medical and scientific support for marketed products and compounds in development. The position provides scientifically accurate and balanced information to internal stakeholders, external healthcare professionals and consumers in a way that supports business needs, is aligned with regulatory and compliance practices and is consistent with Medical Affairs and brand teams objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s):
• Develop and review content for scientific documents including standard responses, dossiers and slide decks.
• Demonstrates ongoing scientific expertise relevant to therapeutic areas, including products, disease state management, and emerging therapies.
• Integrate scientific expertise with knowledge of regulatory and compliance guidelines to ensure comprehensive review of materials submitted into approval process.
• Create and review and medical affairs materials and promotional materials.
• Allow approved standards of style to created and maintained materials.
• Demonstrate proficiency in the use of content management systems as applicable.
• Mentor new hires or staff changing support areas.
• Participate in training of new hires or staff changing support areas.
• Maintain active role in the Quality Assurance process.
The Content Medical Information Specialist might also be called upon to function as a lead, responsible for the following:
• Manage and distribute overall workload for a brand or therapeutic area.
• Serve as key contact for communications between the Client and Med Communications team.
• Coordinate with Client to schedule meetings and training sessions, and to ensure that all required training requirements are met by all team members.
• Participate in staff training, creating or revision of new work instructions, or other measures to ensure Med Communications compliance with Client quality guidelines and key performance metrics.
• Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
• Tactful - Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
• Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
• Written Communication - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Oral Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education: Advanced degree in pharmacy (PharmD preferred) or relevant, equivalent clinical experience.
Experience: One to two years related experience. Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication and management preferred.
Computer Skills: Prefer proficiency with Embase, Ovid, Microsoft Word, and content management systems.
Other Requirements: Prefer pharmaceutical industry writing experience including an understanding of FDA, legal, regulatory and compliance requirements with regards to medical affairs.