We are a premier, family-owned community bank that diligently works to meet the needs of the community we serve. Our mission is to build strong communities, one relationship at a time. Our employee community is the heart of Northeast Bank. We support each other as well as our neighbors, local businesses, and non-profits. This department goes to great lengths to nurture our business relationships and becoming their trusted partner. If you enjoy making a difference in people’s lives, you will love working for Northeast Bank!
POSITION SUMMARY: Books loans onto the core operating system. Completes daily loan payment processing and maintenance. Responsible for collateral perfection and tracking. Scans loan documents into the document imaging system. Provides general administrative support to the commercial lenders and other credit department staff. Provides backup to Sr. Loan Operations Assistant and Credit Administration Assistant as needed.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for input of new commercial and consumer loans, including any subsequent modifications, onto the core operating system. Scans loan documents into the document imaging system (Accusystems). Ensures all collateral is perfected appropriately including filing of mortgages, UCC’s, and vehicle lien cards. Completes loan maintenance as needed including daily correction of unposted items and weekly exception reports. Receive and apply loan payments and process customer requests for credit line activity.
2. Pull credit reports, UCC searches, flood certificates and title work as directed by other bank staff. Handles disputes submitted by consumers through the E-Oscar system.
3. Performs follow up on all collateral perfection items not yet received and maintains tracking of the same.
4. Complete monthly and quarterly reports for the Board of Directors.
5. Provide backup to the Sr. Loan Operations Assistant with respect to their primary responsibilities including loan document generation and account balancing. Provide backup to the Credit Administration Assistant with respect to their primary responsibilities including sending of daily notices, processing credit card payments, credit verifications and other ancillary items.
6. Provides quality customer service including answering basic customer questions and processing requests for credit line and other loan activity. Provide additional support to lenders and Credit Department as requested.
OTHER KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
1. Performs various projects as requested, including backing up the Sr. Loan Operations and Credit Administration Assistant position responsibilities.
2. Performs a minimum of CRA hours (Bank sponsored community or marketing events) annually.
3. Other duties as assigned.
The statements contained in this job description describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person accepting this role. “Secondary Duties and Responsibilities” are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of the job. This job description does not state or imply the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this job. Employees holding this job will be required to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
• High school diploma or general education degree + 2 years additional education
• A minimum of one year loan support experience preferred
• Professional, effective verbal communication skills
• Ability to deliver high quality service to customers and staff
• Ability to multi-task and organize priorities
• General computer literacy, with other program-specific experience (Jack Henry, LaserPro) preferred
• Maintains confidentiality
• Maintains high level of focus and accuracy