The Associate Director of Planned Giving will manage and help provide leadership to Phoenix Rescue Mission’s planned giving program. This position will develop and execute a planned giving plan that is fully integrated with all appropriate aspects of Phoenix Rescue Mission’s multi-faceted donor and constituent cultivation, marketing, communications, and stewardship strategies.
- Create and implement a robust planned giving program and stewardship plan and manage its activities.
- Identify, research, cultivate, solicit, and steward appropriate planned giving prospects and current donors by building long-term relationships through personal visits, and phone and written correspondence.
- Track all donor interactions in Raiser’s Edge within three business days.
- Develop, implement, and manage an annual integrated planned giving marketing and communications program to encourage potential and existing donors to contribute through cash donations, investment securities, real estate, life insurance products, endowments, trusts, and/or bequests.
- Develop and maintain all planned giving collateral and marketing materials including but not limited to print materials (brochure, proposals, planned giving tool kit/wills guide) and digital content (e-newsletters and website), including the use and management of content through an appropriate online planned giving back-end system such as Crescendo.
- Ensure all planned gifts are appropriately handled with careful administration in accordance with protocol, process paperwork, and acknowledge receipt of all planned gifts in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clearly-organized repository of template letters to utilize as needed and prepare mail merges as needed to send to a large group of recipients.
- Keep updated, organized, and easily accessible records according to industry best practices and Phoenix Rescue Mission policies and procedures.
- Provide expertise and coach development staff, senior leadership and volunteer leaders on planned giving best practices and industry changes on a continual basis to enhance their effectiveness in work related activities, including joint-donor contacts when appropriate.
- Manage and strategically leverage an annual budget for an integrated marketing plan.
- Develop strategic relationships on behalf of Phoenix Rescue Mission with attorneys, certified financial planners, insurance agents and other relevant allied professional.
- Maintain ongoing professional development and keep current with industry best practices as necessary to support a robust planned giving program on behalf of Phoenix Rescue Mission.
- Lead or participate in devotions, prayers or other organization activities that promote a credible Christian witness and lifestyle.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized four-year college or university. A combination of education and experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum five years of planned giving experience and/or combined planned giving and development experience
- Knowledge of rescue missions and/or other non-profit development and planned giving programs
- Demonstrated success in working collaboratively and positively with other fundraising staff and success in relationship building with strategic external allied professionals
- Demonstrated experience and competency with Crescendo or a similar back-end planned/planned giving technology solution, as well as Raiser’s Edge or a similar donor database system
- A solid and credible Christian witness and lifestyle that exemplifies Christ in character and actions
- Excellent judgment and deep understanding of the highest levels of professional standards and practice, particularly relating to donor confidentiality and conflict of interest
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions in context of raising support for PRM
- Intuitive, able to show independent thinking and self-starting abilities
- Strong understanding of planned and non-cash giving vehicles
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office computer programs, including Outlook and Excel.
- Well-established professional manner and comfort in representing an organization in formal settings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal savvy
- Must meet and maintain the requirements of being an approved driver and driving a personal vehicle on PRM business
- Flexible schedule, position may require some weekend or evening responsibilities
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee will occasionally lift and/ or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.