Pipeline Foods is the first U.S.-based supply chain solutions company focused exclusively on organic, non-GMO and regenerative food and feed. We are a purposeful business guided by our core values of safety, integrity, impact, collaboration, and purposeful disruption.
The Grain Elevator Operator is responsible to operate the Pipeline Foods facility upon manager/supervisor direction to comply with company safety and cleanliness standards, meet customer demand and achieve business plan goals.
Operations and Maintenance
• Helping Load rail cars and trucks as needed.
• Unload trucks as needed.
• Operate facility equipment and systems as needed.
• Operate mobile equipment as needed. Track Mobile, Skid Steer Etc.
• Complete maintenance on equipment as assigned and needed.
• Share ideas to reduce chronic maintenance issues and bottlenecks.
• Follow applicable operating procedures.
• Able to work extended hours as required
• Complete other duties as assigned.
Safety and Environmental
• Complete assigned training and comply with standard operating safety processes.
• Ensure that all equipment is maintained to meet safety and environmental requirements.
• Operate equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
• Alert and inform management of safety concerns or issues.
Cleanliness and Quality
• Maintain and enhance facility cleanliness.
• Clean, sweep, remove trash and organize the facility to avoid falls and slips.
• Identify opportunities to enhance facility housekeeping and appearance.
• Assure all trucks and rail cars have been cleaned and satisfy the prior load requirement.
• Assure no contamination between conventional and organic grains.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Ability to read signs, safety manuals or onscreen training
• Ability to follow direction and ask clarifying questions as needed
• Ability to operate mobile equipment
• Ability to operate a computer
• Must be comfortable working in low and high temperatures
• Must be comfortable in a dusty work environment, including grain dust
• Must be able to climb stairs, reach overhead, bend, crouch
• Be on their feet 8+ hours/day, lift to 50 pounds occasionally
• Hear (with or without hearing devices), have sight to read and legally drive (with or without correction)
• Previous grain elevator operation experience a plus
• Working in a physically demanding environment
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must have valid driver’s license
Pipeline Foods is a drug and alcohol-free work environment. Employees may be asked to participate in drug and alcohol testing and/or treatment if their manager has reasonable suspicions of employee drug and alcohol use while working.