Catania Oils is a leading provider of conventional, Non-GMO Project verified and organic oils to the ingredients, foodservice and retail markets. Our product portfolio consists of a variety of different vegetable oils, olive oils and blended oils. Catania has an established global sourcing network to bring you high-quality oils from all over the world. Our state-of-the-art lab and SQF management system assure that you will be receiving the very best. Over 100 years and through four generations, Catania’s reputation for high-quality oils has inspired undying loyalty from employees and customers alike. When product quality, consistency and authenticity matter…trust Catania brands. We are currently seeking a Vice President of Operations to lead the manufacturing strategic vision. We are looking for the right person who embodies our Core Values and who will make a significant positive impact on the organization.
The Vice President of Operations will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee operations activities in the organization, ensuring development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the organization. Provides leadership of manufacturing areas. The Vice President of Operations is a key member of the senior management team reporting to the President. The goal of this position is to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
Assures that the facility provides the highest quality products produced in the most efficient manner and within budgeted cost. Implementation of systems to effectively manage production schedules and properly supports the business. Communication with Manufacturing and cross-functional departments of Quality, Engineering, Logistics, and Warehouse departments.
• Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management-level staff in the department.
• Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
• Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
• Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
• Establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic direction of the organization’s operations division.
• Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
• Collaborates with other divisions and departments to carry out the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
• Ensures that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organization’s business plan and vision.
• Establishes, communicates, and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
• Reviews and approves cost-control reports, cost estimates, and staffing requirements for projects.
• Establishes and manages operations department’s budget.
• Presents periodic performance reports and metrics to the chief executive officer and other leadership.
• Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in operations management.
• Identifies training needs and ensures proper training is developed and provided.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Strong Strategic visionary leader
• Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
• Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the industry.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Engineering, or other industry-related field required; MBA preferred.
• At least 10 years of industry-related experience including five years in upper management position (s) required.
• Knowledge of edible oil industry a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer